cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Network for last 2 days

Anonymous
Not applicable

I  and all the people around me on o2 have had no reception for 2 days ,yet when i type my postcode into the part where it tells you if their is a problem ,it says working perfectly ,and im xxxxxx if im using house phone to get in touch with o2 ,not a happy camper costing me fortune to phone mobiles off house phone ?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you and others on O2 have no network coverage in your postcode area but do outside of it, it is likely that a phone mast close to you isn't working properly.

If that is the case, if you phone O2 and take note of the other affected mobile numbers then they can raise this and try resolve it ASAP for you.

Have you tried turning 3G off from your phone in the meantime to see if the 2G service is any better?

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

1. have you reported the issue to o2

2. try using your sim in another o2 phone or clean it

3. its your own fault for phoning mobiles from a andline, no need to blame o2 for that one

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you and others on O2 have no network coverage in your postcode area but do outside of it, it is likely that a phone mast close to you isn't working properly.

If that is the case, if you phone O2 and take note of the other affected mobile numbers then they can raise this and try resolve it ASAP for you.

Have you tried turning 3G off from your phone in the meantime to see if the 2G service is any better?

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 have decommissioned a mobile mast in the Brighton area without replacing it. Unbelievable but true.Perhaps they are doing this in all parts of the country. I will be leaving O2.
Message 4 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

The problem can often be that everyone wants a signal but few will agree to a new mast and will object to it.

A new mast was to have been installed in my village, there were so many objections it was cancelled, people need to make their minds up whether they want a mobile service or not.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
They are **bleep** mate, my network has been playing up on me sooo bloody badly my calls keep getting cut off and saying call failed or just doesn't call at all and just keeps saying call failed but they know to take their money when comes to it... 02 i will leave you once my contract is over lying money making freaks...
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Eventually mine was down for about 6 days ,they said they couldnt get access to the mast for repairs due to weather conditions ,
i received 4 pound off my bill for inconveniance ,but my housephone bill was 12 pound dearer for the said 6 days ,Another thing i found was when i went to visit a girl in Londonderry i was phoning home ,unbeknown to me my phone was getting a reception from the DOnegal mast which is in ROI ,a week of phone calls home to my friends and families mobiles cost me 140 pound.tried to argue my corner ,but they told me it wasnt their problem ??
Message 7 of 7