Did you mean: 

Kudos / Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I am asking this in the open

I cannot understand why people post in there signature or in a thread to mark as a solution or Kudos.

These forums worked very well before this was introduced and asking for a solution to be marked / kudos given is just petty and goes against the grain for the thousands of posts that have not been included in the past that are still available as a resource made by many other posters (if the old posts had kudos / solutions several of the regulars would now be at the top level rather than some down as very low rank).

If you are one of those people it is not a personal attack just my take on how the community has failed the longstanding contribuitors.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I see the kudos flood has dropped from 50 to 20 an hour (pointed out to me in a pm)

No good if you are reading posts and want to give kudos lol

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 11 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK. Just come back for a few days before going again. 

Now turned Kudos off.

Pitty we cannot get rid of the ranking system - How the hell can somebody with thousands of posts and been here for over 4 years be an "Aspirant"

In monastic terms aspirant is the lowest rung on the ladder! Aspirant, Postulant, Novice, Professed

Message 12 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 13 of 20

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Also edited my twitter badge

Apple Watch series 4

Message 14 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

From what I understood, the amount of daily spam on the old forum stood in the way of the forum being a really informative place for members to get help. The move to Lithium seems to have solved that problem.

One of the more important functionalities in Lithium is the ability to accept posts as a solution. The really good thing about this is that it moves these posts to top of the search results and therefore helps loads of members who are looking for help. It offers a seamless transition from searching for an answer to actually finding it, without having to go through loads of threads. 

However, I agree we should try and keep threads to the point. This week, we'll post a thread to get your input on new forum guidelines. In those guidelines, we could clarify that members shouldn't ask for kudo's, for example. Next to that, I think it's important to actively keep talking to newer members about their posts.

Cheers,

Leonard

Message 15 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

1) Contrary to popular opinion I never found forum spam to be much of a problem. But then I didn't get out of the broadband section much.

2) Don't see the "mark as a solution" being used much so far.

What's happening about the suggestion, of a few weeks back, of creating some sticky help posts ?

What's happened about the review of the previous changes?

What's happened about a O2 rep giving help with members problems? All I see here is O2 staff telling them to phone / chat to support. In most cases they've already done that, that's why they are here!

Message 16 of 20

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Leonard I second NPR's post apart from spam was an issue in the mobile sections mainly.

The review of the condensing of threads must have been completed

the existing T&C are fine just need propper enforcement.

If as a responder I have to ask questions to help the op of a question the forum title needs clarification I.E. how do we know if it is a payg or pay monthly query if the op has not said in the op. (revertion of all thread titles before the changes) More thread titles prevent the need to query the op. I find it confusing and I am a regular old hand.

Still my post is going off this threads original aim.

@Leonard start a new threrad to ask the relevant questions please do not hijack my protest thread.

P.s. No good if people do not search before posting a question The search facility has never been used correctly by new posters.

Apple Watch series 4

Message 17 of 20

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Good thread and fully support the view expressed by the OP and other members.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 20

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes, the forum rules are a different subject to the topic. Anyone asking for kudos wants a slap down so if you sort that out Leonard, at least it's a step in the right direction.

There is a poster who shall remain nameless, asking for kudos in their signature and I have gone so far as to hide signatures in the settings.

Message 19 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys,

The guidelines are intended to help with the concern raised in the openingspost. We'll make sure everyone can contribute to that. The same goes for those FAQs. They'll go up this week as well.

In the meantime, I'll look into the signatures.

Cheers,
Leonard
Message 20 of 20