cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to email-to-text UK phone

Anonymous
Not applicable
Am American and my best mate lives in Plymouth. I have her cell number and her provider is O2. In the states we can email a message to someone's mobile using the following format:

@

Is this the case over there? If so, what would be the O2 domain in question? And I only have her cell as if I was calling it from the US - with the international code and country code attached. Can anyone break down what the full cell number would be, if I were calling from over there (number of digits, etc.)

Thanks in advance - Satiria
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
This isn't something that's standard here - some providers offer it but in most cases there is a charge payable by the recipient.

The "local" format of our mobile numbers is simply 07xxxxxxxxx - you probably have 00447xxxxxxxxx just remove everything before the first 7 and replace it with a 0
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
In the UK our phones have an email client built-in, so you will probably be able to just email her at her normal email address. Unless she has decided not to setup email.
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes this is possible but your mate in Plymouth needs to setup the O2 Mmail service first.

Tell your mate to send a text to 212 containing the word 'ON'. They will get a reply telling them their Mmail address, which will look like this: 447xxxxxxxxx@mmail.co.uk

Your mate will be charged 10p per 160 characters to receive each message you send.
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Going to forward this to my mate - see if she can get things sorted on her end. Thanks for all the help.
Message 5 of 5