cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Loyalty

Anonymous
Not applicable

After spending 1.5 hours having an online chat, regarding an upgrade, there seems to be absolutly no loyalty to existing customers, I have been with o2 for 20 years on a monthly contract, went to upgrade without increasing my monthly payment, after a lot of requests for my PAC code to go and get a better deal with a different provider, o2 would not reduce the monthly amount by £2 to match the amount currently being paid. After being a loyal customer for all this time, this obviously counts for nothing, it is better to be a new customer to get the best deals. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Unfortunately that is the way it is these days. Supposed to be fair deal for all but I agree new customers seem to be able to get better deals. 

The only way to get any sort of discount is to call 202 and choose the option to leave. Ask for your PAC and you may well get a loyalty discount

Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
We could have saved you 1.5 hours wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no loyalty discount anymore. They abandoned that at around the same time that Refresh was announced 

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I upgraded three phones in May and to get 20% off the airtime, I was advised to buy three sim cards for a tenner a month. It was a good deal, I got 6GB of data for what I'd pay for 1. The only problem I've had is trying to get 02 to cancel the SIM cards after the initial payment. This is the first month where by I've not had to pay for them!!
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 7 of 7