cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change My Number

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to change my phone number through o2?

It looks like you landed on a popular topic that many are viewing!

Why not register to our community to be able to ask related questions if you need additional help, and interact with other members?

See also here some information on how to get started with the community and what other great things you could do here as a member. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Call customer service and they will change the number for you. This will be free of charge if it's your first request. Tell them you are receiving nuisance calls or texts.
You don't need a new sim card as O2 will provision a new number to your present sim.
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you very much, do you know which number it is i need to call? and i will i lose my numbers and messages?
Message 3 of 14

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Use the contact details at the foot of the O2 home page or try the online chat. Just browse the shop pages until you get a pop up chat box. They do work quite late. I have used the chat option at 10pm recently.
It's almost certain you will lose your contacts so you will need to back them up first. If your phone is equipped with a memory card then you can back them up there.
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
great thanks, unforutnately phone lines are only open till 9pm and the chat thing referred me to them but thanks for your help slight_smile
Message 5 of 14

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Call in tne morning, nothing saved to your phone or sim is lost, the new number comes with a new voicemail box though so saved voicemails will be lost.
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you very much, do you know which number it is i need to call? and i will i lose my numbers and messages?

Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
also, bare in mind it can take up to 24 hours for full service to resume, so don't panic if you loose service for a while.
Regards, Steph slight_smile
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

due to harassing calls and texts need a number change please

Message 10 of 14