cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking premium rate text message

Anonymous
Not applicable
I came to O2 as it offered the best coverage for the area I work in.
Today I attempted to place a premium rate text message bar on my phone as I have done with my Vodafone service. The reason for this request is to prevent the M type premium charge incoming text messages that I have been receiving. Replying to these disguised messages will invite countless reverse charge premium rate messages and even texting STOP as advised by the O2 operative will cost me £1.50

When I telephoned customer services, I was advised that "O2 does not offer the premium call bar service".
I requested that the text message service on my number be blocked, again I was informed that "O2 does not offer that service". (I'm beginning to think I have made a wrong decision going with this provider).

Can anyone advise if it is possible for me to reclaim the remaining credit I have on my payg phone and transfer it, along with the number to a provider that does offer the premium text bar or total text block I asked for.
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Just use the services of phonepayplus lodge a formal complaint for free and you will get your money back shame you did not ask here before

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 21 of 23

Phil
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

wow a thread from 2010 to 2018 and its still not resolved.

recieved premium sms charging £4.50 a week didnt sign up didnt give out my number.

call o2 told cant block premium sms told to txt stop and i wont be charged.

few days later get message from o2 charge £4.58 back on the phone frustrated that a company i trust would allow people to steal my money in there trust.

contact o2 again told a block on premium sms was allredy set up from last conversation and i got charged severely frustrated how first representative got it so wrong.

hadnt filled in the txt of how was youre customer service so im frustrated i give the first representative a bad review.

now the biggest fail im driving home and i recieve a call from the original representative complaining about the review and trying to give me the phone number for the original thieves i explain im driving so hands free and he says give me a few seconds so i can give you the number again im driving it seems o2 allow people to steal from you hand out youre phone number and when youre not happy they get there reps to call you up to complain bye o2  

Message 22 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
@Phil help is here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 23