cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerial Direct

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do 02 continue to do business with Aerial Direct? They 'took over' the management of some of my connections without my agreement or any confirmation in writing. I am cancelling and moving all my connections to EE who are offering a much better deal and customer service. I work for an organisation that employs 17,000 people and is currently looking at a corporate mobile deal. Needless to say I will be ensuring they don't consider 02. Take note!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Many such threads on here - Search for Aerial Direct in the search box above but as they haven't listened so far, I'm not sure what anyone can do !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

In your position that's a very wise decision. I personally have no faith in any company  who is proud to list Aerial as a 'trusted' partner for the past 15 years or so. 

Message 3 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
o2 don't pass on management of account, even enterprise accounts...

It seems to me that Aerial Direct have cold called you..

I would hope your procurement team are a little more savvy than to base it a contract on the say of this

EE got in trouble a while back for cold calling and hard sell over the phone think it was in 2014 so they aren't above it...
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122348 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

For me this is nothing to do with passing on management of accounts. It's to do with O2 releasing our private details to companies such as Aerial  and the like, If I do business with O2 I give them my personal details in confidence. I state clearly I don't want third parties involved and yet it's quite obvious these details are passed on. When O2 updated their website a year ago... a lot of us were horrified that our contact preferences had been reset thereby releasing our details to all and sundry.  

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's just another in a long line of complaints from these sharks which I assume bring a lot of business into o2 due to their sharp practices. Hence o2 don't want to stop them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 are indefensible in their dealings with research cowboys who are well known for account takeovers. Do a search for Aerial in the box, it might not get any hits under despicable scum but many people have found that their accounts are now payable to Aerial rather than O2 without any calls being received by the customer. Wonder how that could be allowed to happen in this day and age unless we are led to believe that they were never with O2 at all.....

Message 7 of 8

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:
o2 don't pass on management of account

Are you absolutely 100% certain ?.......even to trusted partners with whom O2 have, apparently, long term contracts.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 8 of 8