cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 is a bad lying company

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just in january i took out 2 contracts on the iphone 5 for 24 months then i went back into their stores last month n they are offering 12month deals they lied to me about they did not know it will be released if i wait one more month.. You know what 02 u could go put your services into the bin and stop lying to your customers to tie them down with the same phone for two years. Thank you soo much for lying to a loyal customer when my contracts are over trust me i'm long gone EE seems soo much better with their deals and they don't lie and we get unlimited interent...

Message 1 of 36
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rawrz
Level 13: Prompter
  • 70 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 25 Solutions
you can get 1 12 month iphone 5 contract as a conaumer customer and only as an exsisting customer not a new commection it 69.00 a month for unlimited mins messeges and 750mb data 99.99 upfront for the phone and 6 month early upgrade. this is relativly new and was added i would say because of demand. but as i stated earlier deals can alter all the time ans the deal is qhat you take at the time.
Message 9 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I'm sorry you feel that way, unfortunately its how the industry works. Those on the floor are usually the last to know when something will change. They havent lied to you at all as they wouldnt have known. 

They didnt force you to take a 24mth contract they only sold what they had avaliable at the time.

I hope you can understand that this is general practise and if you take another contract with anyone else you may wish to consider buying the phone outright and taking a SIMO.

also EE doesnt at the moment i believe offer unlimited data, only Tmob,3 and Orange i believe.

Message 2 of 36

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

As above, its just unfortunate timing and the staff are unaware of changes in advance otherwise nobody would be selling anything. Customer demand is another factor and we all know that iphone has this ability to sell regardless.

Then again, you did want to get an iphone 5 then and I suspect you didn't pay any handset fee either to get the 24 month contract. The question is then, are you unhappy with the phone or that you have signed a 24 month contract at zero cost? Even if you did get a 12 month deal, you'd still be paying a considerable amount to get the phone. 

Message 3 of 36

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

o2 online shop sitll only offers 24 months !!

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Trust me the store new i worked for 02 previously so i fink i no wat i'm talkin bout... EE is the same network as t-mobile n orange does it say t-mobile or orange on the services bar no then agreed.. Please don't come and try n protect a money stealing company... They really need to get a grip on
Message 5 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Trust me my 12month deals are cheaper becoz i get to upgrade evry 6months and i a new phone or degrade
Message 6 of 36

rawrz
  • 70 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 25 Solutions
yes 12 month contracts are usually cheqper in the long term but jave more of an upfront outlay. and previous posters are correct ar the time you took out the contract that was the available deal. the mobile industry is a competative market and deals change all the time. As you state you have worked for o2 previously surely you should know this?
Message 7 of 36

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

What 12 month iPhone deals?

Do you mean the 12 month iPhone 5 Lease for business, as that is the only way you will get an iPhone on a 12 month deal with O2.

So, no, you have not be lied to.

Message 8 of 36

rawrz
  • 70 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 25 Solutions
you can get 1 12 month iphone 5 contract as a conaumer customer and only as an exsisting customer not a new commection it 69.00 a month for unlimited mins messeges and 750mb data 99.99 upfront for the phone and 6 month early upgrade. this is relativly new and was added i would say because of demand. but as i stated earlier deals can alter all the time ans the deal is qhat you take at the time.
Message 9 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
I accept my fault for upgrading stupidly becoz i cud not wait n i was gna get family friends discount which they didnt even apply it on.. They had me go to carphone warehouse for an upgrade as they did not have an 16gb iphone 5 left they said its the same thing well **bleep** off it wasn't dats the only reasob why i said fine i may take the 24 mons for discount because it honestly is very cheap for 24 months and then i take it out 02 tell me i can't apply the discount anymore n dn 12 month contracts was reasled they honestly don't care how they get you to do an upgrade or who gets hurt they just want money
Message 10 of 36