Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 COST OF A NEXUS 4

MrQuandary
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can anyone tell me why 02 aren't being shown-up for having a dirty-tricks department. They must have one; how else can you explain a company that would gobble-up all the Google Nexus 4 handsets that would normally cost £269 from Google, and hike the price to £400?

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MrQuandary
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I read somewhere that 02 had some agreement with Google that they would have a stranglehold on the Nexus 4 stock for one month, (Nov or Dec, not sure). But 02 are STILL, months later, hiking the cost of this handset. It is still the case that if you want one of these handsets you have to pay the OTT price that 02 has imposed. Whether Google subside or not, fact is I would be able to get a Nexus 4 for £239 if 02/Carphonewarehouse weren't hogging the supply. Dirty trick.

Message 21 of 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93192 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

All you can do is keep an eye on Playstore until the Nexus 4 is back in stock. You will find it' not just O2 and CPW but all the network operators and independents so not an accusation you can aim solely at O2. Google subsidise the phone through Playstore but not to the networks.

Message 22 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144225 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27636 Solutions
Nothing is going to change by you repeatedly posting the same thing over and over.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just do what you feel is right for you

Message 24 of 26

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@MrQuandary wrote:

Whether Google subside or not, fact is I would be able to get a Nexus 4 for £239 if 02/Carphonewarehouse weren't hogging the supply. Dirty trick.

Why don't you take this up with Google, they are solely responsible for who gets these phones?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 25 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

@MrQuandary wrote:

Whether Google subside or not, fact is I would be able to get a Nexus 4 for £239 if 02/Carphonewarehouse weren't hogging the supply. Dirty trick.

Why don't you take this up with Google, they are solely responsible for who gets these phones?

He wants to fight it out on here I think

Message 26 of 26