cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade nightmare

Anonymous
Not applicable

decided to pay a little earlier total of £50 to upgrade a bit earlier from blackberry to a samsung refurb.....3 weeks later several conversations on line and no further .... refurb phone didnt work , returned straight away, so i got in touch with o2 to explain that i didnt want to risk another refurb and wanted to choose another phone... the saga has gone on relentlessly and has me sick to death.... after being assured on umpteem occasions my details would be updated... its still states that in order for me to now update my phone i would need to pay £168 ( which it would be if i had actually recieved a refurb phone that worked) to pay up to May 2017. i now have it seems a new tariiff, no phone ( luckily the old blackberry still works) and no way of getting a replacement phone,  without it trying to charge me the £168 in my basket with the phone...... please can anyone help i have spent soooooooooooooo much time talking to 02 im truly sick and fed up trying to get this resolved, all i want is a phone, 😞

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Yes, chat is like that.
Call CS and get someone to own the issue for you http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I doubt you can use the online shop for this, you need to arrange any new deal directly with O2.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Are you calling CS or live chat?
I'd suggest calling rather than anything else.
If you have and still not got anywhere escalate it to complaints http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks ill give it a try - they just keep telling me on chat that my account will be updated and ready to restart a new upgrade in 24hrs....then it just isnt cheers its got me drained!

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Yes, chat is like that.
Call CS and get someone to own the issue for you http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

lesson learnt thanks! dont try and get this sort of problem done on line, one phone call 20mins later sorted, eeeeee all those hrs wasted! cheers

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Sadly, that is reflective of live chat, hence the reason we always advise calling.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

We have little confidence in anything related to live chat. Glad you are sorted now Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 8