cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unsolicited calls from 02202

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I received an unsolicited call I had today from someone claiming to be from “o2 Manchester.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it is genuine - there is a thread on here if you do a search. As I said on that thread, they didn't offer me anything! :robotsad:

Well I think o2 need to get better staff in, the guy on the phone could not speak english and was stuttering loads. Also why did I get this alert immediately after the call? "Go to www.o2.co.uk and enter you verification code xxxxxx when requested to enable you to use text services." What does that relate to?
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
My caller was quite friendly but could it be yours was a first timer hence the stutter? At a guess, you were sent the code to prove it was o2. I remember when o2 telesales rang me up on my old vodafone number and they sent texts as part of my request for authentication.

That's fair enough, where do I enter this "verification code" on the site?
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is O2, but an outsourced company. They keep phoning me as well even though I'm opted out of all marketing. :womanindifferent: And I doubt they could give me a deal that beats my current tariff. grin

Don't know anything about a verification code though.
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is O2, but an outsourced company. They keep phoning me as well even though I'm opted out of all marketing. :womanindifferent: And I doubt they could give me a deal that beats my current tariff. grin

Well I think they need to get rid of them. Everyone seems to be annoyed with them.
Why what is your current tariff? Tell.... lol
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I think they need to get rid of them. Everyone seems to be annoyed with them.
Why what is your current tariff? Tell.... lol

A staff one. grin

Which makes me wonder if they can actually see account, it must be an auto dialler and if the call is answered then the account comes up because I can't see why they'd bother contacting me.
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a SCAM! I kept getting calls from them so I rang O2 who told me it was a genuine O2 number-I asked them to make sure so they went and asked their boss and came back to tell me it was infact a scam and never to answer the calls. You can't get the service these days I tell ya
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
No its not a scam, it is o2. Its an outsourced company called LBM based in Manchester.
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I Googled it-its all over the net listed as a scam. they called me constantly.pain in the a**e
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable