cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlocking

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have an old ericsson w880i that i need to have unlocked to use with another networks sim card as an emergency replacement phone, so far i have tried 3 differant companies to do it and none have been able to, what do I do? how do I get this phone unlocked!!! any ideas anyone?!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
The network it is locked to will unlock it but there may be a fee for this. Otherwise have you tried a local market stall?
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I cant get to any local markets to try, its too much like hard work during the school holidays lol

I was sent some "software" from one place but its impossible, I cant get the stupid thing to work!!

I tried calling o2 today but was having some difficulty with interference on the line. Will try again tomorrow!
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Usually O2 phones are not locked to O2, so it sounds odd that this one is. Have you tried another network SIM (except Three which might not work if this phone is not supported by Three) to see if it actually works?
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
yes i have tried t mobile, tesco mobile and virgin none of them work..
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Usually O2 phones are not locked to O2

AFAIK that only applies to contract phones, because you've committed to at least an 18 month contract. PAYG ones are locked because their prices are subsidised (otherwise you'd be getting a very cheap SIM free phone).

SV
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
oh well rang o2 and managed to speak to someone, but its gonna take 28 days for it to happen?!?! I need it done almost instantly so looks like i'll be trudging local markets on saturday to find a phone unlocking geek!!! :womanindifferent:

But thanks to those who have replied!
Message 7 of 7