Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unhappy new payg customer

frankiemcstory1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Tonight i decided to try 02 payg for the 1st time. I planned on buying a £10 bolt on so i topped up with £10. When i tried to buy the bolt on, i was told i only had £9 credit. Before i topped up i made sure my data was turned off. I didnt make one call or text, yet £1 was missing.This seems very suspicous to me,as that much needed £1 will cost me a minimun of £10 to replace.There is no live operater to advise me either. On paper O2 looked better value then what i was used to. But unfortunately the reality is i will have to buy another £10 voucher to replace the missing £1. So it has already cost me £20 and i havent made one call or text yet.

If theres a genuine technical problem to explain the vanishing £1, please let me know asap. Im not a very happy new customer. Please help me be happy again and keep me as a customer.

Thankyou.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
We wouldn’t know where you £1 went but if you are on a bundle sim the top up would usually go immediately towards your allowances.
You can call or chat from 8.00am to customer service to find out what’s going on and they will, I’m sure, refund your lost £1.00
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Live chat will be available later this morning and if you explain what's happened they will refund the money for you. Use the chat option on the complaints page as you do have a genuine complaint. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would have said it would have been the £1 web daily but if you say your data was off then it can’t be that. Also this isn’t o2 you are talking to but a customer forum. If you call customer service on 4445, hopefully they may refund you 

Message 4 of 15

antoniosteve
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This exact same thing happened to me this morning, and my phone was even turned off at the time.

Message 5 of 15

antoniosteve
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just to confirm, I spoke to them over the live chat, and they did sort it out for me - if you don't have a bundle on the account, the system apparently "reserves" £1, in case you use any data that day. Apparently it gets credited back "at some point", if you don't use any data, but that does interfere with the bundle activation.

Live chat credited £1 to my account to get the bundle up and running after a few security questions and a brief explanation.

Message 6 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@antoniostevewrote:

Just to confirm, I spoke to them over the live chat, and they did sort it out for me - if you don't have a bundle on the account, the system apparently "reserves" £1, in case you use any data that day. Apparently it gets credited back "at some point", if you don't use any data, but that does interfere with the bundle activation.

Live chat credited £1 to my account to get the bundle up and running after a few security questions and a brief explanation.

Thanks for the explanation, though I admit, thats a new one on me?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Sounds like a classic PAYG sim not a predetermined bundle sim?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Although it says nothing about the missing £1?

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/classic-pay-as-you-go-terms-and-conditions

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriffwrote:

Although it says nothing about the missing £1?

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/classic-pay-as-you-go-terms-and-conditions

It’s the first I’ve ever heard of this as well

Message 10 of 15