cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switching sim card and keeping my old number

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have filled in the form if you want to switch numbers and entered my pac code and it's been over a week. How much longer do I have to wait?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Anonymous ,

Are you porting your number from another network? If so, is the pack code less than 30 days old? If it isn't you needs to contact your current network to get a new one and make the request again.If it is less than 30 days then you also need 202, they will check if the pac code and number are valid.

If you are not porting, then you need to ring customer services to give them the number on the old card and the details of the new number you were given on contract. Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

This shouldn't take more than 24 hours normally. Have you turned the phone off and back on again? If it's still not working you can call Customer Service: http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus  or try to do it yourself again using this link http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Are you porting your number from another network? If so and it hasn't gone through yet you need to call customer service and give them the PAC. If it's a simple sim swap you don't need a PAC.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Anonymous ,

Are you porting your number from another network? If so, is the pack code less than 30 days old? If it isn't you needs to contact your current network to get a new one and make the request again.If it is less than 30 days then you also need 202, they will check if the pac code and number are valid.

If you are not porting, then you need to ring customer services to give them the number on the old card and the details of the new number you were given on contract. Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 4 of 4