cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

still receiving bills from o2 for a phone i never had

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi 

In 2014 some used my name and address to obtain a phone in my name i had reported it to the police and o2 .they passed it on to their fraud who  said yes my name and address was was used to obtain goods and services from o2

and that they therefore closed the account and dissassociated me from it

14.2.15 got a nice wee letter saying i owe them £970.88 and that they have transferred it to a dept collector .nice one o2 .i cant wait to my contract finishes on my own account with o2 i will not be dealing with o2 again you need to get this sorted .i will not be paying for something i never had

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

You make it sound so simple @Anonymous but we all know that in reality, nothing is as straight forward as it seems with O2....:smileywink:

Particulary as the op was 'disassociated' from the account by O2 in 2014....That's the same O2 that then sent them a bill for £950+  yesterday...

It should be simple I agree.....the experience shown above proves it is anything but simple slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

well I made it sound simple but it does require a bit of leg work...still not an excuse for it not to be done, that's what what Fraud are there for!:smileywink:

Message 12 of 20

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Tenner says this isn't the end of this
Message 14 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis wrote:

One must not be negative....:smileywink:

Message 15 of 20

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I'm not, I'm very positive about it, hence only a tenner.
Message 16 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I can only imagine myself in the same situation if honest. To get a bill like this when you thought the matter was finished would be more than shocking. To additionally hear that debt collectors were involved? Don't even go there.

If the OPs first post is telling us all they know then none of this is their fault. How do they know how to extricate themselves from a mess like this.? Quite frightening actually...Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

A simple phone call from them to the Agency and they will stop and send it back to O2.That's actually one of the easier steps! slight_smile

Message 18 of 20

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

I'm thinking this is a safe bet....

Message 19 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

A simple phone call from them to the Agency and they will stop and send it back to O2.That's actually one of the easier steps! slight_smile

The words "o2" and "easier" or even "simple" are unlikely to ever be in the same sentence these days. 

Bang

Message 20 of 20