cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sale to Sky

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am very disappointed to learn that O2 has been sold to Sky. I do not want to be paying any money to Rupert Murdoch or any of his companies so I shall be making enquiries about transferring to another company for my mobile and home telephone and broadband as soon as possible.

Message 1 of 116
115 REPLIES 115

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Your contracts are still valid until they end I believe. You're not bound by sky rules and regs unless you agree to them.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 111 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am extremely annoyed by Sky sales department attempts to contact me - lots of calls to my mobile - postcards in the post and SMS texts all to get me to move early. WELL SKY unless you offer me free weekends AND evenings and 1/2 price broadband for the remaining part of my year from March then I can only see the way to PLUS NET who offer similar terms and conditions to O2
Message 112 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Sky trying to gernerate a culture of fear to keep customers?

I was also told that I can remain an O2 customer for 18 months but have to deal with Sky customer service.  A very contradictory statement.

"O2 Broadband" is a product of Sky's now, the only thing "O2" about it is the name, and for a few more months, the network.

O2 Broadband still exists for business customers. It was only the consumer broadband and landline business that was bought by Sky.

Message 113 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why has O2 passed on my mobile phone number to Sky ? They are bombarding me with unwanted calls.  This also breaches the Data Protection Act

Message 114 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

Moved to Sky early as i wanted to adjust my tv contract. Big mistake changeover went o.k but oh the flood of annoying and sometimes gruesome adverts that im plagued with, along with customer surveys for products and sevices i use regularly.

The really annoying part of it is i can find no way. Of stopping them. Be warned!

I have followed various advice from Forums but no success.   

Message 115 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 passed my mobile number as well - after days of unanswered calls I replied with a STOP to the automated number. Principle of story - why my mobile number and not my landline - I complained to the ICO
Message 116 of 116