cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sale to Sky

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am very disappointed to learn that O2 has been sold to Sky. I do not want to be paying any money to Rupert Murdoch or any of his companies so I shall be making enquiries about transferring to another company for my mobile and home telephone and broadband as soon as possible.

Message 1 of 116
115 REPLIES 115

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I seems that I must cancel 02 broadband and find a new provider....

But there's no rush.

Message 91 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was contacted by O2 Customer Service the other day regarding an email I sent about the sale to Sky. The very nice lady told me that the changeover starts in April and will be ongoing for up to 18 months although she could'nt say when my account (or anybody elses) would be transferred.

With that in mind I'll be staying with O2 Broadband until the changeover then I'm going to BT for my broadband (for better or worse I don't really know) as I have no wish to change my existing telephone line plus I have successfully avoided Sky products too slight_smile

I did express my concern for the O2 Customer Service staff but she did say they will be OK which is good news, as the few problems I've ever had with O2 have been dealt with in a great way.

Message 92 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was contacted by O2 Customer Service the other day regarding an email I sent about the sale to Sky. The very nice lady told me that the changeover starts in April and will be ongoing for up to 18 months although she could'nt say when my account (or anybody elses) would be transferred.

With that kind of timescale it would look like Sky will let people see out their contracts before migrating them as Sky customers. With that in mind, anyone wanting to stay with O2 should probably lock themselves in for 12 months (and get a free year of broadband!).

Message 93 of 116

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

ordinarychap -

Stop spamming the forum, you are repeating yourself and what you are posting is wrong.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 94 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just seen the latest offer from sky for broadband and while they provide McAfee protection, it is only free for the first six months! After this, the charge is £3 p.m., and I can't see sky giving o2 transferees the service for nothing while charging their direct customers for McAfee. Also, as sky will probably not continue giving £5 discount to o2 mobile users, the cost of broadband will go up by at least £8 p.m., (not including any increased charges for broadband which sky will impose). I will be yet another looking for a different broadband provider.

Message 95 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable
Deluge I've had a quick look on the internet and EE have a similar mobile and broadband deal as O2. They will buy you out of the contract for up to £100 of fees. I may well go with them after O2 say we can leave after the O2/Sky deal
Message 96 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems to be some conflictng reports here. 

I am with both sky and O2 as a customer and have to say there is nothing between them both have been fantastic

So I just had a look online at the costs for unlimited Broadband and Phone packages for standard customers. (This does not include promotional deals for new customers)

Sky £24.50 a month includes free weekend calls as standard. £5 extra for Unlimited calls.

PlusNet £23.98 includes evening and weekend calls (evening after 7pm) £4 extra for unlimited.

BT is £31 includes weekend calls. £5.15 extra for unlimited calls.

Virgin £29.49 includes weekend calls. (could not find out for unlimited calls.)

O2 £34 (includes £5 mobile phone discount) Evening and weekend calls. Unlimited calls is £3.50 extra.

Now this is just a like for like comparison of standard rates that are currently published on all there websites. 

Now all these companies do new customer deals plus sky/Virgin and BT do offer further discounts upon taking out a TV deal as well. 

Make of it what you will, sorry to those that are not on Unlimited BB packages I was going to do it but Virgin and BT's Websites are seriously confusing.

Also please people be very careful of connection fees Etc as there are some trult disgusting charges going on. Plusnet charge you £5.99 to post out your router to you was one that made me chuckle.

Message 97 of 116

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@steersy but the router is an option with plusnet you can use any you want (adsl) fiber I think you have to take there one

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 98 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

The deal i have with o2 is for broadband only (linked to a pay & go mobile account) for which I pay just £9.50 pm.

The charge is £14.50 pm reduced by £5.00 pm providing I top up my o2 pay & go mobile with at least £10 per quarter. Annual cost is £114.00 (broadband) plus £40.00 (mobile which I would pay anyway) a total of £154.00 p.a. I do not pay any TV fees, getting. by on freeview only.

After the sky deal goes through I believe my broadband costs will go up considerably to pay for a more refined connection which i do not necessarily want.

Message 99 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

Too much disinformation apearing on this thread and other threads with why SKY is a great service.

Sorry O2 but I will be voting with my feet, only 2 months remaining with contract then it's goodbye.

I feel we have being sold out to a terrible company with a terrible reputation.

For years I have recommended O2 as a great service provider within my computer repair business. Within our business we have a love /hate board for all our customers to see, O2 is in the love section Sky is within the hate along with Talk Talk and other poor companies.

We all need to make it perfectly clear, we don't want SKY, we have no confidence with SKY, we are all willing to dump SKY.

Message 100 of 116