cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sale to Sky

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am very disappointed to learn that O2 has been sold to Sky. I do not want to be paying any money to Rupert Murdoch or any of his companies so I shall be making enquiries about transferring to another company for my mobile and home telephone and broadband as soon as possible.

Message 1 of 116
115 REPLIES 115

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
You use google don't you?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 81 of 116

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Not being funny Liquid, but which planet have you been living on recently? It would be hard if you watch tv news not to have seen anything on phone hacking by Murdoch's newspapers. Two of his senior managers are currently being prosecuted.

You're right of course, and this is a very good reason to boycott the whole company until it goes broke and all the employees are out of a job!

Obviously with two executives being prosecuted the entire company and all their staff must be crooked too.

Perksie - there are many people who won't deal with companies on ethical grounds - the problem is having information (and time) about all the organisations you trade with every day.

I didn't say there weren't, but they are very few as I can tell just by the number of Sky dishes on almost every house near where I live.

I don't have Sky TV but that is by my choice, if they can offer me a good deal on my broadband I am happy to check it out.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 82 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do use Google, but it's often about observation using various sources. For example, I won't deal with a certain Insurance company because having observed them sponsoring UK Athletics, I then discovered they were exporting hundreds of UK jobs to India. To me that is total hypocrisy, so I put my money where my mouth is and cancelled several policies. 

Message 83 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

I didn't say there weren't, but they are very few as I can tell just by the number of Sky dishes on almost every house near where I live.

Mind you, they could be Freesat dishes these days. slight_smile

Round where I live, a lot of terrestrial transmitters are relays, meaning they don't get the full set of channels, so Freesat is a good  alternative to Freeview here.

Message 84 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do use google.

Try googling-- nds news corp electron microscope

Lots of people were hurt, both financially and physically.

Message 85 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I do use google.

Try googling-- nds news corp electron microscope

Lots of people were hurt, both financially and physically.

Interesting case. However it seems that NDS, owned by Murdoch's group, won the case brought against them, and gained $18 million.

Message 86 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

Read on about Canal+ and Seca encryption etc.  News Corp got that case dropped, only because they had the financial muscle to buy the company that was prosecuting them.

Message 87 of 116

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Read on about Canal+ and Seca encryption etc.  News Corp got that case dropped, only because they had the financial muscle to buy the company that was prosecuting them.

You are taking this thread way off course, I think people can make their own decisions about whether they hate Sky as much as you do for themselves.

We could all make endless posts like that about dozens of companies.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 88 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lets keep to the topic in hand & wait for more information as & when we get it
Message 89 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

ordinarychap -

have checked with sky and they only provide broadband in conjunction with a telephone service, they advise that I MUST transfer my telephone service from BT for the broadband move to take place, They also advise that they cannot provide the 'call-sign' service that I currently have, or a guarantee that I can take my number with me should I choose to move house. SKY telephone line rental is also more expensive I currently pay £120 per year in advance, SKY charges £14.50 per month. I seems that I must cancel 02 broadband and find a new provider....

Message 90 of 116