cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sale to Sky

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am very disappointed to learn that O2 has been sold to Sky. I do not want to be paying any money to Rupert Murdoch or any of his companies so I shall be making enquiries about transferring to another company for my mobile and home telephone and broadband as soon as possible.

Message 1 of 116
115 REPLIES 115

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pablo. I think if you read my post I did imply that some matters may have to wait for the regulator. My point is why not say so? It's reasonable to expect that a) the regulator may have something to say and conditions to impose but also b) as customers we should be informed of that fact rather than just be told to "wait and see". Also I didn't expect front line customer services people (who have been excellent) to be part of the decision, but someone from the operational management who could have flagged up some of the issues customers would want answers to. Again I would see this as reasonable.

Message 61 of 116

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I've got to agree. I'm doubtful the contracts would change as long as everything's in writing I don't think they can be nullified by change of operator. At least for the rest of the duration of the contract.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 62 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

How funny all these people are that are jumping the gun.

Do some homework and learn the facts.

Message 63 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have broadband, pay as you go mobile and home phone with discount for mobile top ups. I have been on a rolling contract for over 12 mths, since my 12 mth contract expired in Feb 12. It was only the sky issue which prompted me to check on my contract - I thought i was still on a 12 mth contract. Today o2 offered me a 12 mth broadband contract at half price, but until the future is clear I think I will stay rolling.  

Message 64 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable
Of course you can wait and see - or you can read the writing on the wall.
Sad that the excellent O2 broadband will be no more, gobbled up by Sky.
Message 65 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable
both Bigal and stuart1983 are correct - Murdoch or rather his company own 39% of BSkyB 40% would mean he would have to offer a 100% shareholder offer. Which is what happened and they withdrew the offer after objections from the small shareholders.
Message 66 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been very happy being an O2 customer. I will however be moving to another broadband provider now, as I do not want to have any part of anything that has anything to do with Rupert Murdoch and his cronies, no matter how large or small his shareholding is. If I have to, I will do without a fixed broadband connection altogether.

Message 67 of 116

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
What does everyone have against expert Murdock lol. He's never personally offended me:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 68 of 116

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Liquid wrote:
What does everyone have against expert Murdock lol. He's never personally offended me:)

Whether you like a shareholder or not can affect many people, but I wonder how many bother to check who the shareholders are on all the firms they deal with?

Do you buy car insurance, water, gas, electricity, clothes, furniture, by the price or by who is on the board?

I doubt there would be any companes left for them to use if they did.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 69 of 116

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I must admit I've never considered who the shareholders are when signing up to a service:/ maybe I'm weird haha(well we know that) 😞
Message 70 of 116