cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sale to Sky

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am very disappointed to learn that O2 has been sold to Sky. I do not want to be paying any money to Rupert Murdoch or any of his companies so I shall be making enquiries about transferring to another company for my mobile and home telephone and broadband as soon as possible.

Message 1 of 116
115 REPLIES 115

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Information from the SKY web site - where else - there is the weekender but no mention of eveneings and weekends - if you are a sky customer why are you blogging here ???????

Bambino has as much right to post here as anyone else!

He's helping with useful advice, are you?

Given what's happening advice from somebody with experience of Sky is welcome.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 41 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes - provided information from SKY web site - no equivalent packages - and I only asked WHY a sky customer was posting here - where presumably the experience of O2 was zero

Message 42 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable
Regrettably my experience of the British consumer is that whenever they are presented with a fait de complete they do nothing. Again, all I can say is that moving me to a different company without so much as asking, and presenting me with a different package - they may or may not - if they do then that a, in my view represents a change in terms and conditions and I should have the chance to reject that offer
Message 43 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable
I assume there will be no discount for having an o2 mobile for a start!
Message 44 of 116

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I do understand and I do agree. Has there not been any information provided? Other than "o yh we've sold your contract"
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 45 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable
No other info than the FAQ page that confirms the sale process and the FAQ itself virtually just says hang on in there there will be no change immediately.
If the offer reported here of £100 and other things to make you stay then o2 know where I am and I have specifically avoided companies like Sky where they assume we are all made of money to up our subscriptions in say TV where there are effective alternatives,Like Freeview, or as far as I can see PLUSNET
Message 46 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

you have to be patient, o2 will release more updates as & when they get them, they are only able to tell you what they know

Message 47 of 116

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

I can understand that there is limited info at the moment. Keep posted on the community, as I'll be keeping you as updated as I can with further details

Keep posted on the Official thread too, as that will be updated.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/News-about-O2-s-Home-Broadband-and-Home-Phone-Service/td-p...

Thanks, Toby

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 48 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get a discount with having both Home Broadband and O2 Mobile Deal. If Sky are going to migrate my broadband will the deal vanish. I have a contract with my broadband/mobile deal until December will Sky honour it?

Message 49 of 116

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

See the thread above yours, when the info is known you'll see it here.

Right now nothing will change.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 50 of 116