cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sale to Sky

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am very disappointed to learn that O2 has been sold to Sky. I do not want to be paying any money to Rupert Murdoch or any of his companies so I shall be making enquiries about transferring to another company for my mobile and home telephone and broadband as soon as possible.

Message 1 of 116
115 REPLIES 115

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
SKY doesnt offer any similar Evenings and W/END call home phone packages, and the line rental and b/band are more expensive for slightly less. Please explain why I should remain . Also change of terms and conditions is breach of contract

Where are you getting this information from? I have Sky broadband and phone. I have free evening and weekend calls, and my line rental is less than BT's. Not only that, Sky are now offering line rental for £9.95/month if you pay 12 months in advance. 

Your terms and conditions from O2 haven't changed. Their right to sell the phone and broadband branch of their service is in your terms and conditions, so what breach of contract is there?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 31 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

You mean the terms & conditions that 99.9% of the people dont actually bother to read before signing up Smiley LOL

Its shocking how many people will just sign a legal document without reading through the terms & conditions they are actually agreeing to.

Message 32 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ditto - disgusting move - I'll be off too if anything changes in my Ts&Cs or ££s outlay without being asked

Message 33 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh is that all? And I thought there was a connection between Mobile phone and broadband charges - like a big concession on combined charges!
Message 34 of 116

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
As long as sky adheres to the T&Cs set by O2 contracts until the expiration dates then there's no issues(well none you can break contract with).

If they don't offer the same package you may well be able to end contract without charge. I don't know what the broadband T&Cs are(don't have it).
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 35 of 116

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Liquid wrote:
If they don't offer the same package you may well be able to end contract without charge. I don't know what the broadband T&Cs are(don't have it).

They're here:

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/broadband

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 36 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable
Information from the SKY web site - where else - there is the weekender but no mention of eveneings and weekends - if you are a sky customer why are you blogging here ???????
Message 37 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable
Before anyone attacks me personally can I say here that what I am saying is that IF Sky dont offer me EXACTLY the same conditions - free evenings and weekends from 6-6 and half price deal the same as O2 then Im off as it would be a change that I havnt or wont agree to.
Message 38 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

Information of what Sky offers - from their web site

Message 39 of 116

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Unfortunatly on reading the agreement there is no "out" clause that covers this eventuality. Your stuck unfortunatly but I wish you the best of luck if you wish to drag it through the courts.

Thanks for the link perksie:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 40 of 116