cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sale to Sky

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am very disappointed to learn that O2 has been sold to Sky. I do not want to be paying any money to Rupert Murdoch or any of his companies so I shall be making enquiries about transferring to another company for my mobile and home telephone and broadband as soon as possible.

Message 1 of 116
115 REPLIES 115

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Liquid wrote:
If there's multiple investors you only need the majority amount mate. 51% would be controlling if there are only two investors.

Sky presumably has more than two and 39% could quite easily be the controlling share if it were 3 or more shareholders.

He decided to remove himself & his bid after the hacking scandal?

Message 21 of 116

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Did he? I thought he only dissolved the news paper...

I tend not to read the news as it aggravates me:D 90% of articles are blown way out of proportion and skews how the world really is.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 22 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Liquid wrote:
Did he? I thought he only dissolved the news paper...

I tend not to read the news as it aggravates me:D 90% of articles are blown way out of proportion and skews how the world really is.

He dissolved the newspaper, withdrew his bid to have total control of bskyb & I'm pretty certain sky asked him to leave

Message 23 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just read the email from o2 about the sale to Sky. To say I'm gutted is an understatement! I've been with o2 for a few years now and have never had anything to complain about as whatever issues I have had (VERY few) were dealt with in an excellent manner by a good team of people.

Now I learn that I'm being shunted over to Sky later this year and the only things I hear about them is about thier POOR customer service. The worst of it is other UK broadband providers are not exactly the best either, with BT (apparently the country's best provider) having a go at putting snooping software on your PC (PHORM..look it up) a couple of years ago so they're not entirely trustworthy. Thanks a lot o2!

VERY dissapointed!

Message 24 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive just had my home phone switched over to O2 after years of excellent broadband service and I am extremelt dissapointed. Had a quick look at sky web site and I dont see any options of what Ive got at present , and what there is is more expensive . Hopefully what I read here about sky ISNT true, I have specifically steered clear of Skys services for years

@Anonymous wrote:

I've just read the email from o2 about the sale to Sky. To say I'm gutted is an understatement! I've been with o2 for a few years now and have never had anything to complain about as whatever issues I have had (VERY few) were dealt with in an excellent manner by a good team of people.

Now I learn that I'm being shunted over to Sky later this year and the only things I hear about them is about thier POOR customer service. The worst of it is other UK broadband providers are not exactly the best either, with BT (apparently the country's best provider) having a go at putting snooping software on your PC (PHORM..look it up) a couple of years ago so they're not entirely trustworthy. Thanks a lot o2!

VERY dissapointed!

Message 25 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is appalling news. Sky might think it has bought 450 000 O2 + BE subscribers but one look at the BE forums confirms that a large number of them will now jump ship to the likes of A+A, Xilo or even BT. Telefonica´s failure. (presumably because of the Euro crisis) to provide the necessary investment to offer us FTTC was the beginning of the end for O2 + BE broadband. It was good while it lasted.
Message 26 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just been on the phone to get my MAC code. Long queue to get to cancellation number. This morning they have introduced a special offer to retain subscribers - 100GBP rebate on mobile bill and 12 months free broadband. I asked what the terms and conditions of the offer were but they said they didn't know as it had only been invented this morning. According to the FAQ on the O2 website. The e-mail storage will reduce to 20MB which makes it useless from my point of view. Probably no static IP addresses either.
Message 27 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable
I cant go with the likes of some of those mentioned here since my phone line has JUST been moved to o2 from BT. PlusNet here I come
Message 28 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable
SKY doesnt offer any similar Evenings and W/END call home phone packages, and the line rental and b/band are more expensive for slightly less. Please explain why I should remain . Also change of terms and conditions is breach of contract
Message 29 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gutted, I too have been with O2 for years and had brillant cutomer service from their Broadbad Tech guys, I hope from the bottom of my heart that none of them are losing their jobs, O2 you have a great team there and you have been held up as they way Customer Services should work by me to several other companies. Also have recommened you to my friends becuase of the good Customer Serivces, and you have a brillant record on London Underwgrond as when Hubby mentioned to the guys he works with that I have had problems and they ask who I am with, the reply was oh well they will fix it for her, they are good.  When I have had problems those Tech guys have been wonderful, I will miss your serivces, any chance of re-considering please!

Message 30 of 116