cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sale to Sky

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am very disappointed to learn that O2 has been sold to Sky. I do not want to be paying any money to Rupert Murdoch or any of his companies so I shall be making enquiries about transferring to another company for my mobile and home telephone and broadband as soon as possible.

Message 1 of 116
115 REPLIES 115

Anonymous
Not applicable

I moved from Sky to 02 for much the same reason

Message 2 of 116

alexg
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Having been a happy O2 customer for many years, with a fixed IP address and £5 / month discount for being an O2 mobile customer, I will not agree to paying Rupert or his horrible children any money. Also as sky don't appear to offer a fixed IP, - although O2's email glibly says 'nothing will change', I think I'll be moving all my business away from O2 very soon
Message 3 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been a happy O2 customer with mobile and broadband for some time and am so disappointed and angry to think that Sky and Murdoch will be responsible for my account in the near future. Guess I will be switching elsewhere, soon.

Message 4 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been with O2 for both mobile and broadband for many years mainly because of the competitive pricing - taking into account the £5 pm reduction for having both.

Also, I have found their customer service to be much better than previous providers 

There must be a lot of people who, like me, have both broadband and mobile with O2, who will have no incentive to stay with O2 mobile once the transfer of the broadband and landline goes ahead

I certainly will start looking at other providers once my contract finishes in April

Message 5 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

Like many others - I have been more than happy with o2 and have stuck with them for mobile and broadband for years now.

I would never even consider contributing to the Murdochs' odious empire so it looks as though BT, Virgin or Plusnet will be picking up a new customer in the near future.

Very disappointing

Message 6 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to be clear, its only the home phone / broadband business that's been sold to Sky.

Other O2 products are entirely unaffected by the changeover.
Message 7 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im annoyed.... asked for a mac code already as far as I can see I have 90 days of broadband contract left 02 have left,me in the lurch loved 02 broadband and home phone and im a ex sky user was paying ridiculous amounts of money before coming to be/02 broadband now we only have bt, vm, or sky wont consider talk talk being a ex employee for the company I. Also a ex user for virgin who are rubbish also..... guess im going to just run my business from a dongle(website business ) because there only bt sky and vm which are hopeless....gotta love the uk all about money and greed rip 02
Message 8 of 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been a happy O2 customer with mobile and broadband for some time and am so disappointed and angry to think that Sky and Murdoch will be responsible for my account in the near future. Guess I will be switching elsewhere, soon.

Murdoch doesn't own sky, his bid failed to takeover, accurate facts only please

Message 9 of 116

version7point0
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Murdoch doesn't own sky, his bid failed to takeover, accurate facts only please

You sir, have just won the internets tongue

Message 10 of 116