cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"no service currently available"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all. Before creating this thread I've searched every post regarding my issue and found nothing. I did find several threads online but none of them actually have solutions. So, 4 days ago I lost my phone, a blackberry, in a cab and reported it to O2 the next day. They blocked my number and reissued me new sim. I was almost buy a new blackberry until the cab driver phoned me on a number I used to call my number the night I lost it. He told me that he will return the phone, what an angel! We arranged a meeting and I got my phone back. I called O2 again to reactivate my number with the old sim, I didn't want to wait for the new sim to arrive. O2 rep said it's not a problem and the number is reactivated now.
I'm so happy until I realised one thing, I can't make/receive calls or texts. Everything data related services (messenger, browser, email, social networking etc) are working just fine, except these two things: calls and texts. I chat with O2 rep again and they said that they forgot to remove the "bar" so they did and asked me to took the battery out, wipe the sim, and reboot. Did that and still can't make calls/texts. So I waited for 2 days until today and still can't make calls/texts. It always say "no service currently available". I've tried almost everything including:
1. Use a sim from different provider. (And btw my O2 sim works just fine in a different phone. It's able to make calls and texts. So I guess it's hardware issues.)
2. Reinstall the OS
3. Wipe and install a newer OS
4. Constantly take out the battery and reinstall it again
And none of them worked. I am so frustrated. I used the CheckMend service to check whether my IMEI is accidentally blocked or not and found out that it was blocked! Possibly when I asked O2 to block my sim, that's when they accidentally block my IMEI as well. So I contacted O2 again and they said that the IMEI is not blocked.
If anybody know a solution for my problem, please help me. I'm so frustrated of not able making calls or texts. Also frustrated knowing the fact that my IMEI is blocked. Some say that when blackberry IMEI is blocked your phone is just a spare parts now, can't do pretty much anything except you are subscribed to data services that is. So please do help me. Thank you.
Regards
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anybody have a similar problem as I am?
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wouldn't be suprised if they are just checking your basic account system to see if there is an IMEI bar on it (it may have been removed from your account, but may not be from the phone), they need to be checking another system which will tell them for certain.
IMEI bars shouldn't actually be applied to Blackberry's because they often cannot be removed.
Phone them back up and ask them to check a system called ABS for an IMEI bar. If it is they will more than likely try to request it's removal, this takes 72 hours.
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

IMEI bars shouldn't actually be applied to Blackberry's because they often cannot be removed.
Phone them back up and ask them to check a system called ABS for an IMEI bar. If it is they will more than likely try to request it's removal, this takes 72 hours.

Hi Wanty, thanks for the advice. I will try to phone them tomorrow. Thanks again for the help. Let's hope it is in fact still Barred for some reason, fingers crossed.
Message 4 of 4