Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Popular Topics" section of homepage

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

What algorithm (or who?) determines the two "Popular Topics" that appear some way down the new Community Homepage?

I'd've thought "O2 Recycle" and possibly "O2 Priority" (or "Netflix" or "Huawei" or "Tablet Offer"!) would merit more of a showing than the current pair of topics, with all due respect to the authors of the guides on Voicemail and Premium Rate scams, of course! Hug

20**Personal info** 12_54_12-O2 Community Forum.png

Evil #justaskin' 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@pgn 

I think it applies to the most recent guide(s) posted.

In April I am fully expecting RPI to be up there rolling_eyes

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

pgn
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@pgn 

I think it applies to the most recent guide(s) posted.

In April I am fully expecting RPI to be up there rolling_eyes

You'd've thought, around this time of the Tax year, yes! 

For a connected company, this one can be a tad disconnected now and then! Whistle

Message 3 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

The community pages have gone to seed since the recent update, in my opinion. We don't need a totally useless  'Welcome To The Community' logo taking up a third of every page, and navigating around the site has become much more tedious, and probably difficult for anyone new wanting to post a query. Witness the enormous drop off of posts in recent weeks. If admin aren't aware of these problems, they certainly should be. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 15

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25020 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

The community pages have gone to seed since the recent update, in my opinion. We don't need a totally useless  'Welcome To The Community' logo taking up a third of every page, and navigating around the site has become much more tedious, and probably difficult for anyone new wanting to post a query. Witness the enormous drop off of posts in recent weeks. If admin aren't aware of these problems, they certainly should be. 

Agree @Bambino .

The banner has and is being well-discussed (even trying to inject a little humour into an all-too serious issue).

With regards to your point about the number of posts, what I think should be brought to attention is how many posts compared to how many views on different topics.

In other words, the topics might be attracting interest but why are there not more replies (posts)? 

Could the answer be that although weekly we see new members join the Community but the number of posts does not increase proportionately.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 5 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

As I'm someone who posts on the Welcome thread every three days when new members join, I can say categorically that the number of new members has dropped dramatically as well. slight_frown

So probably they join, read info on the guides posted (or any other question asked) and never bother to post. (that way the views would increase)

If they do post, very often they never come back to the thread once the question has been answered.

The number of views also will be racked up by the regulars who come back online and read every unread post on the forum.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 15

pgn
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

I must admit, I am reaching for the scroll wheel or the PgDn key a lot more these days 'coz of that damned huge graphic at the top of the homepage. But that's a discussion for another topic rolling_eyes

I guess we should be thankful they haven't switched to sideways scrolling, I guess... Astounded

Do they plan to roll the update back, or trim it down some? As it stands, the focus for anything meaningful is well down the page.

And the circles of stats at the bottom of the page are meaningless, nobody scrolls down that far, I imagine!

Message 7 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Last I heard from @Marjo was they were feeding back our comments to the designers....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 15

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Last I heard from @Marjo was they were feeding back our comments to the designers....

.....and I guess we are fairly low on the Lithium To Do and Can't Be Arssed lists

Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We ain't even on the list!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 15