cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Loyal Customer Reward" ended up being a standard sales call to get more money.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi o2,

(posted in feedback section, since an email is not provided in the contact us section).

After being with o2 for over 7 years, today I received a call in which I was told that I would be rewarded for being a long time customer, with a better tarffif.

Initially, the deal seemed good, an extra £1 on top of my usual top up (normally £10 a month).
After discussing this, I was told this would required £16 a month (because I have sometimes topped up £15 on the odd occasion?)

Right at the end of the phone call, when the terms and conditions were explained, it was dropped on me that I would Ibe put on a 12 month contract, which was the first time  I heard about this on call, and even then I had to ask for it to be repeated since it was hard to hear). 

After being on pay & go for all my time, I don't understand why you would think I would like to be fixed to a 12 month contract (especially since my phone is over 3 years old as it is).
I don't normally get impatient from phone calls (which is why I didn't hang up), but this was a fustrating situation.

What seemed to be a good will gesture from O2, just turned into a sales call, where this was continually pushed onto me. How naive of me. The deal itself is not worth the price stated, as well as being put onto a fixed 12 month contract).

After this event occured, I've decided to go for another network provider.

Kind Regards

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I stand by my comment without wishing to turn this into a debate. Cut and paste? No forget it I want an end to it but I don't feel the need to justify myself to anyone @Anonymous wink

Message 31 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

@Anonymous

Your tips have already been posted... 

Good Afternoon @jonsie 

Sometimes it takes longer for me to write information up into a reply ,and I wanted to write a full post.

I don't think it looks like repeat info if its only a few minutes later than another's persons post, and believe it is fine to take time and that as this is an open forum, there will occasionally be more than one reply with similar info enclosed. 

I hope you and the original Op understands this ?

You don't have to explain or justify yourself @Anonymous .  If something is worth saying it surely bears repeating!!!   Keep up the good work!

Thank you @Anonymous for your kind words and I wholeheartedly agree. 😄

I felt my reply necessary to both the Op and jonsie to explain as both posts were minutes apart ,but was highlighted by jonsie, however the Op thanked me for my post which is good enough for me. That's what we are all here for. 

As as you can see from the post above by MI5 some regular members opinions are from the same hymn sheet. Never mind. 😔

Message 32 of 39

MI5
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

As as you can see from the post above by MI5 some regular members opinions are from the same hymn sheet. Never mind. 😔

Indeed it is a pity that not everyone tries to be accommodating to all and is on the same hymn sheet !

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Indeed it is a pity that not everyone tries to be accommodating to all and is on the same hymn sheet !

I hope members do try to be accommodating to all. We wouldn't want any bad vibes now would we. A great cross section of people frequent this forum as is the nature of many forums ,and adjusting to trying engage in ways to make them comfortable and confident to post is indeed a skill. One I'm hoping sure we all strive to hone. 

Im hoping @Toby @Anonymous concur ?

Taking a step back from how I post I try to take into account a human being is at the other end of the screen perhaps not being made felt welcome if they read it back the wrong way or in the tone it was intended. 

My sincerest apologies to the Op for going Off Topic.

Message 34 of 39

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

We need to end this. The last half a dozen replies will be deleted anyway as they are no help to the OP and the thread is likely to be locked.

Message 35 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

I stand by my comment without wishing to turn this into a debate. Cut and paste? No forget it I want an end to it but I don't feel the need to justify myself to anyone @Anonymous wink

Hi @jonsie I am still trying to work out why you directed that remark specifically to me.  I do not think I mentioned you and I certainly did not ask, nor would I ever expect you, to justify yourself (to me of all people).  Think some wires must have got crossed between here and the orient. 

BTW - in case I am expelled from the Community before tomorrow night - may I wish you a very good New Year!!!  slight_smile

Message 36 of 39

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The inference was there @Anonymous but I take on board your comment and wish your good self the best at New Year Cheers

...now can we stop?

Message 37 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

The inference was there @Anonymous but I take on board your comment and wish your good self the best at New Year Cheers

...now can we stop?

No we cannot stop.   Please tell me what I said and when that caused you to infer that you had to justify yourself?   I did not imply it at all and I don't see how you could possibly have inferred it.  Are you sure you are not mixing me up with someone else?

Message 38 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous I believe you were addressing me on justification weren't you.

Not sure why anyone else thinks otherwise.
Message 39 of 39