cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about o2 account

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Firstly, I have a Pay & Go sim. I bought a new Sim Only 1 month contract sim today as it's much cheaper for me than being on P&G. Anyway, I had to register because I hadn't used an online O2 account before. I got a email for me to confirm my registration, but when I tried to log in, it said that my phone number wasn't recognised and that I should register (again)... I registered again, but with slight differences in details like password, memorable info, etc. Then I finally managed to log in WITH MY FIRST REGISTRATION DETAILS, as the second details didn't work. Oh my God, my head was going to explode at this point. So now, I am wondering, do I have one account or two??? 

The account I am logged in to now is for my Pay & Go sim. What do I do from here? I want an account with my new Sim Only details on only and I want to deactivate my old sim once I get my new sim on Mon 3rd Nov 14.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd breathe.... lol

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
If its a new card it will come with a new number. Replacement cards are blank and require you to transfer your existing number. If you have any problem come back to us Monday.
Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Use live chat to get them to check the account setup for the simo account, then use the link feature to pull the new simo details into your PAYG account log in.
Link to live chat http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Link to link accounts in your My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot for your advice! slight_smile

I did contact the help team regarding the issue, this morning, but although they were trying their best, I don't think they understood my issue...

They told me to re-register with a different email address, so I did, but it just shows my Pay & Go details, even though I didn't supply my phone number nor my address details, etc. I am confused by it all! lol They also said that my Pay & Go account will deactivate (with original email address) if I don't log in within 180 days and that my sim would deactivate within 999 days as long as I don't top up, then to cut my old sim card up when my new sim arrives. I just find it hard to believe that there isn't a simpler way, y'know?

I just wanted to know how to deactivate/delete my old Pay & Go account, deactivate the sim and register a new account with the same, original email address for my new contract on Sim Only, with a new phone number. Does that make sense? I didn't know, like you said, that I could transfer my details to the Pay & Go account. 

Do you know if my new sim on Sim Only will have a new number? I didn't go through an upgrading process or anything, I simply bought the new sim. 

Sorry for bombarding you with questions, but you seem to know more than the help team lol

Thanks,

Gayle

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
You can't delete an account (it has to stay on the system for audit purposes) but it will go dormant if not used, as you have been advised.
To move your number across you would need to call CS on 202 from the new sim and request they transfer your old PAYG number to the new sim or use this form and do it yourself http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,Ts=Webforms,T=PreToPost
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

What @MI5 says is correct. My number that I ported out still shows in My O2 with a zero balance and zero allowances.

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Ml5,

Well, that's exactly what I wanted to know - whether I could deactivate an account that wasn't being used, and the sim card corresponding to it, so thank you for answering that one for me.

As I have said numerous times to CS agents, I want a NEW number, so will the new sim come with a new number. I want my old number to vanish in to thin air. It's as simple as that. I wasn't given any details about my new Sim Only sim, I just got a confrimation of its dispatch.

Thanks

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Jonsie! 

Like I said though, I don't want to port my old number to my new sim. I only wanted a new sim with a new number, but hadn't received any information about my new sim, e.g, phone number. Customer service offered to send me the details of my new sim, but didn't. I will just wait until my sim is delivered on Monday.

Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
If its a new card it will come with a new number. Replacement cards are blank and require you to transfer your existing number. If you have any problem come back to us Monday.
Message 8 of 8