cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proof of purchase problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been waiting for 8 days now for my proof of purchase email that will take "24 hours" to send. I've been on the phone everyday for at least an hour trying to get this sorted and i've been in the o2 shop. useless, surely this is against the law im paying for a phone i can't use because of o2?

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Am I right in assuming then an insurance company will want something on letterhead.

Would the manufacturer need such proof of purchase if they resolved an issue under warranty ?

If this was my situation I'd be considering http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain
Message 5 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Can you not print out a screenshot of your "My O2" page showing your name, account number and phone details?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

What issues are you having ?

Why can't you use your phone ?
Message 3 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi @Anonymous

What issues are you having ?

Why can't you use your phone ?

Broken phone and completing an insurance claim, I would guess.......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Am I right in assuming then an insurance company will want something on letterhead.

Would the manufacturer need such proof of purchase if they resolved an issue under warranty ?

If this was my situation I'd be considering http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my iphone stolen on holiday 2 weeks ago now, o2 have sent me the info needed for an insurance claim apart from the proof of purchase, 8 days i've been told the same thing even when I get through to managers on the phone. one actually took my partners number and said we'd ring you back as soon as I can get a hold of someone that can send me the email instantly. I was on hold for over an hour and suprise suprise they never called me back. Brutal customer service, not a happy man, daily hour conversation to o2 is not what anyone wants to be doing with there lives! all calls are recorded and left on notes but yet still every agent says the same things "thats it sent it can take up to 24 hours". its embarresing, the worst thing is im paying for my contract and theres 2 weeks it hasn't been used and god knows how many days/weeks longer this is going to take

Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
What a nightmare.

Perhaps utilise the link I've added previously.

Please let us know how you get on.
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally got the email sent to me after 12 days in total (i thought it was less) rang o2 to complain aswell, they gave me £10 off my next bill which i laughed at, considering the amount of money i've spent on phone calls to o2 everyday. not to mention paying for a contract i can't use because of o2. After the amount of money i've spent over the years on contracts etc with o2 im afraid i'll not be renewing with them in 3 months once my contract has ended. Funny the first time i used the word "legal" on the phone I had the email to me within the hour. 

Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

I understand your frustration regarding this recent issue but try to balance this out with the fact that until the loss happened I assume you've been pretty much happy as possible with the service and signal provided by O2.

If your mind is made up regarding leaving ,then I would start to look at alternative networks signal strengths by testing them out via Payg Sim Cards (when you have a phone) to see which provides the best service where you live , work and commute.

A phone can be unlocked from the O2 Network Free of charge for pay monthly customers here ; https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Here are a couple of self help threads that may be if use.

PAC Code. http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/544270#U544270

Leaving O2. http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

Take care.
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice to know your problems been solved. Mine is just beginning, except it began 4 weeks ago when my S4 suddenly stopped charging. After 4 visits to my 02 store they finally sent my phone for repair. A week later it was returned to the store with a letter stating that it was water damaged and therefore unrepairable. My phone has never been anywhere near any water. My insurance is with a third party and they will do nothing without a proof of purchase. Despite requests I am still waiting for them to comply with their promise to send me it in 24 hours. It has cost me £25 deposit for a very old Nokia provided by the store so that I was not without a phone altogether. I still owe £200 on my contract so a refresh is not feasible financially at present. My third party insurers are getting impatient. Also I declared my phone as faulty and 02 has stated it is damaged, another point of conflict. I have been with O2 for over 10 years, in all of that time I have never known them to be so difficult to talk to, having lost count of the number of hours I have been on hold. On completion of this current contract seriously considering suggesting the whole family move to another provider. Not happy at all.
Message 10 of 14