cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with upgrading with meastro

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I'm trying to upgrade filled out all the paper work online only to get to the payment page and there is no option for meastro!I don't have a credit card so am unable to continue with payment. Phoned and spoke to an advisor after being held in a que for 35 minutes only to be told we can't do it from our end you need to log back in and select visa option, I follow instructions but due to my card being a meastro not a visa it won't let me do it! I phone back o2 for the 2nd time wait another 20 min in a que before I speak to anyone to be told they can't put my payment through unless I know someone else who can pay on their card and me give them the money! I'm not happy and don't want to put the phone down cause by this point I've already wasted an hour on the phone and still got no further, the advisor says he will put me through to the billing department and see what they can suggest AT THIS POINT THE PHONE CUTS OFF! so an hour and 10 min of wasted time and still nothing done! Anyone any ideas? Can't believe the only cards accepted are credit cards!not a happy customer 😞
Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I can certainly read your frustration in your posts and I don't blame you.

I'm sure the shop can complete for you and perhaps speak to your bank and ask about a visa debit card.
Message 9 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry that is so long winded hopefully someone will be able to give me some Advice on how to sort this out. I have the money waiting in the account but getting an upgrade is like trying to break into a bank!
Message 2 of 23

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Use electron as the option.
Message 3 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
It don't come up as electron.visa,master card, American express and amex??tried all the options and it just says the number on my card isn't right for the type of card I've selected
Message 4 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Maestro cards are been phased out now and your bank should be issuing you with an alternative card that is more widely accepted.
Unfortunately, not too many places still accept Maestro.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Many places online now accept Visa Debit payments options.

Maestro is dated.

You may need to pop into an O2 store to complete your upgrade if the available options don't work.
Message 6 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's a right pain. I thought they would have been able to take payment from me over the phone or take it straight from my account since I have my bills by direct debit
Message 7 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Think that might look like being my only option, thanks for taking the time to comment It's so frustrating!
Message 8 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I can certainly read your frustration in your posts and I don't blame you.

I'm sure the shop can complete for you and perhaps speak to your bank and ask about a visa debit card.
Message 9 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will do thank you again and sorry to rant 🙂
Message 10 of 23