cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

premium information received?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just received notification of my next bill and instead of the normal 25-30 pounds it is for £69 which includes 9 premium information calls at £3.75 each totalling £33.75. I am a pensioner and have my mobile for security what the he'll is this I have spoken to 02 and there is nothing they can do for me surely  even just the fact that my bill has suddenly increased so dramatically should have stood out, somehow I have to find this extra money .

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Have you text any short code (5 digit numbers) to vote in competitions etc?

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/everything-else/extras-and-premium-rates

This is usually the cause of higher than expected bills?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You need to speak to CS again and ask them for the numbers you have dialed that incurred these charges.
That may then remind you of anything that you have called or at least we can then advise you of what the calls were for.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have spoken to them and the calls are to me not from me!
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not that I am aware of how can you be charged for unwanted calls coming to you!
Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Well customer services should tell you what these numbers are...and why you have been charged. Otherwise check this site and report any issues you are having..

https://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Have you subscribed to anything recently using your phone or inadvertently clicked on a link in a text message?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous Is there any chance you could look at the numbers that have incurred charges.. and post them here?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You cannot legally be charged for receiving a call if you are in the UK unless you have subscribed to a service that stipulates such charges.
You need the numbers to report them to the regulator, Phonepayplus, but post them here too so we can look into them for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 10 of 10