cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outrageous business number to pay monthly

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to transfer my business number to a personal pay monthly account te companyI worked for have given me a PAC number. so all loverly. Until after waiting 40mins they say they can not do it on a pac number because the number is miving within o2 . I got through to live chat and said if it could not be done I was canceling the contract they took the details  and replied 
 "Please allow me a minute while I place a request to move your number to pay monthly "

at which point it disconnecte.

I phoned again the opertator said they should not have told me this I asked them to check if any thing had been done on my account amd was told the systems had een down all day and to try ringing back in 24hrs

I asked to speak to a manager and was told he would call me back in 24hrs I have my doutes

I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENED SUCH POOR SERVICE

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Fellwalker
  • 245 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I guess at that time you were the owner and you authorised o2 to transfer it to the business. So the then owner of the number did the authorisation. And became no longer the owner.  So now the business owns it, and you want it back. 

Note 9. O2 since 2007.
Message 11 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

I have been talking to someone who was an experienced business user and is currently in the process of doing what you are trying to do. His advice is as follows...

1 Ex employee (you) take out a new consumer tariff
2 You pass the new telephone number to your ex employer
3 Employer rings o2 to initiate the move of number (assuming out of contract or accept termination fee)
4 O2 transfer company telephone number to your new consumer contract.

The thing is you lost ownership of the number when they transferred it to the company account

Credit to Adam Temperton for his advice

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 12