Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oppo reno 5g update

raycon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It's been ages since Oppo released the Android 10 update for oppo reno 5g, O2 what's happening?
When are you planning to release it?

Thank you,
A disappointed customer.
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

raycon
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
And who cares about wifi calling?
you have to be in range of o2's wifi so so can make a call, it's pointless
Message 21 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@raycon wrote:
And who cares about wifi calling?
you have to be in range of o2's wifi so so can make a call, it's pointless

Anyone who has no signal at home or work etc.

You can use any wifi signal, not just O2 hotspots.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 25

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@raycon wrote:
cleverly masked word but you see.. Oppo is blaming O2 for the delay, and you are blaming them
So yeah..

The latest update we received did unfortunately cause a negative user experience with Wifi Calling, which we know some customers do need to be able to rely on - and we will never knowingly approve an update that we know or expect will cause our customers problems or issues.

It's worth noting too that nobody is blaming anybody. We test all O2-destined updates we receive and we test against certain criteria to ensure that when customers install it, everything works as expected. If at any point our tests fail, we return this to the vendor (eg, OPPO) and await a new update that we hope will resolve it... In these instances, sometimes the first update passes our tests, or sometimes it can take several builds and several more weeks before we're satisfied the user experience is optimal. This is common practice for the safety, security and experience for our customers. And all OPPO have said is that they're working with their partners to speed up the process and provide updates soon, which I can absolutely confirm. All that's happening right now is a collaboration between us and OPPO to try and get this update out into our customers hands, providing the update behaves as expected, doesn't cause any negative experiences, and all network functionality works as it should.

I'll share any further info or update as things progress. I know you're keen to get this update but there's no controversy here, just two companies working together to get an update out to our customers - which can take time depending on the issue and situation.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 23 of 25

raycon
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I thing you overestimate the importance of O2's testing, as if I would have an unlocked phone using your network the phone would be bricked because you haven't tested it's software. That's ridiculous
Message 24 of 25

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@raycon wrote:
I thing you overestimate the importance of O2's testing, as if I would have an unlocked phone using your network the phone would be bricked because you haven't tested it's software. That's ridiculous

I know you're frustrated but this is our process, whether it's for OPPO or any other vendor, and as far as I've witnessed, seems similar or identical to other networks across the UK and Europe. Our process is to test the updates we receive, and if any update fails our testing criteria (for which Wifi Calling is one of those criterias) we mark this as a fail and have the vendor send us a new build that resolves the issues we've found.

Any issues with updates bricking devices or causing other major issues are things that the vendor themselves should be finding out during their own tests, though I'd like to mention we have in the past declined updates due to them doing exactly that - causing device instability, though those are few and far between and our testing is mainly network related. You're right in that without our testing your phone isn't likely to be bricked, but our testing ensures we eliminate any negative experience arising from you trying to make or receive calls, texts, or use data.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 25 of 25