Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oppo reno 5g update

raycon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It's been ages since Oppo released the Android 10 update for oppo reno 5g, O2 what's happening?
When are you planning to release it?

Thank you,
A disappointed customer.
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

Ask a direct question of Oppo, get a direct answer..... 

Capture.JPG

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 11 of 25

raycon
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
ColorOS forum keeps announcing updates in Europe for other models, so.. It's O2 that holds the update. It makes sense now.
Was that hard to get a direct answer as to who is responsible for the delay in the upgrade process?

Thank you.

I don't know who you are but and if you work for O2 or not, but I assumed that you do, giving corporate and vague answers.

Now maybe if O2 feels like it they can aprove that god damn update by Christmas, that would be amazing, it's only been a year since they announced the update 🙄
Message 12 of 25

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11993 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Will tag @Chris_K again in case he missed the first one.
Chris works for o2 on their social media so would be best placed to answer who releases the updates @raycon...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 13 of 25

raycon
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I understand from other O2 users of this phone that they got the update in June.
How is this posible?
Where can I see what models got updated, is there a way to update it now?
Or is a "you missed the update" type of situation?
Nobody seems to know anything.
Oppo give their corporate/vague answers without even looking into it.
Still nobody knows how the update process works.
Message 14 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

raycon
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I keepd seeing people tagging Chris K.
Why? he's like the all mighty?
Anyway, it seems that chris k is on vacation right now :))
Message 16 of 25

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Sorry for the delay all - I was off last week and I've had a lot to catch up on.

With regards to the Android 10 update for the OPPO Reno 5G, we have tested the latest build OPPO sent us but unfortunately during testing we encountered some issues with Wifi Calling which is essentially a 'fail' during our testing. We're awaiting a new build from OPPO which hopefully resolves this issue so right now we have no ETA, but we would hope to see it available to customers around a week or so after successfull testing.

I should mention too that the availability of this update in other countries or networks means nothing. Most vendors (OPPO, Sony, Huawei, Samsung etc etc) have their own rollout schedules and while this can vary region by region, it can also be country by country. We have seen past instances where an update lands in Germany several months before it lands in the UK for instance. And within the UK specifically, updates are subject to each network carriers own testing (mainly network based) and while network Z might not experience issues, network X might - and this can effectively delay customers on that network receiving the update. In the end though, this is all for the benefit of our customers as we will never knowingly approve or release an update that provides a negative customer experience.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 17 of 25

raycon
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
cleverly masked word but you see.. Oppo is blaming O2 for the delay, and you are blaming them
So yeah..
Message 18 of 25

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11993 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Sounds like o2 have said the update doesn't work on their network, so the ball is back in Oppo's court to provide one that does from that.
So you have two choices @raycon - wait for the official release, or (if you can) put a different version of the software on your phone.
Be aware that this is at your own risk, and may mean that some functions may not work any more (like WiFi calling, if that needs o2 software).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 19 of 25

raycon
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
it's a matter of who you trust: Oppo or O2.
There is no "other software" that can be installed.
Rooting is not an option because of the locked bootloader
There is no Android 10 update downloadable for this model
Message 20 of 25