cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2SCAM

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone received a text from o2 then an email about a promotional monetary prize? I wonder if o2 Mobile knows about this!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Spam text messages are annoying, but there is a very simple way to deal with any spam you receive. The best thing to do is simply not respond to it. Instead, you should forward the spam to us on 7726.
If the message is a scam, such a 'Win a holiday' type of message, it will often have a response phone number to call. In this instance, O2 can bar the number to prevent customers from losing money by calling.
In more complicated cases, we'll look into the messages in greater depth and take steps to prevent further costs or damage to customers. We also work with PhonepayPlus and other operators to help protect young people and other customers from spam texts.

Source:http://protectourchildren.o2.co.uk/ReportSpam.jsp
Message 2 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Are you sure the text originated from O2?

If it's a scam that would be impossible.

Forward suspect texts to 7726.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the tex originated from o2. It told me to email an address and when i did the o2 website is there. I just think it very strange that a prominent Company would not have some sort of warning posted on their website 'beware of scam text' or something similar; the way most banks and so forth do when there are dodgy emails going around.

Thank you for your replys they are appreciated.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I meant to say. I did forward the text to 7726 but it would not go. Perhaps due to the fact i am in Canada and need a code?

Thanks again
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions