cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 refresh is not what it seems

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone tried upgrading thier handset while keeping their airtime plan before their  contract is up. I have tried but cant change my phone unless i take out a new airtime contract as they dont do mine anymore.These contracts are supposed to be separate. Are we being conned again. I have been with them since their cellnet days and thought refresh is a great idea.how wrong can you be,unless of course you take out a 10gb contract and then you can change it after 12 months for free.

i

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Taking out a new airtime plan along with an upgrade is exactly what is stipulated in the terms, and has been the case since its inception.
Unfortunately it seems you have misunderstood how refresh works.
Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Refresh is designed to allow you to upgrade at any time once you have paid off the device plan. Have a look at these guides which explain everything you need to know

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/A-Guide-To-O2-Refresh/td-p/877701

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/upgrades/o2-refresh-explained

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Taking out a new airtime plan along with an upgrade is exactly what is stipulated in the terms, and has been the case since its inception.
Unfortunately it seems you have misunderstood how refresh works.
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

In reply to your message i paid off my iphone6 a couple of days ago to upgrade to a 6s.i had to change my airtime contract as well because they told me that the contract i was on was no longer available and i would have change to a new one to be able to upgrade.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

According to the rules of o2 refresh if you pay off your phone plan you can upgrade your phone and keep your airtime plan as they are supposed to be separate. 

Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If you read the links I provided ...you must have been misinformed. If you pay off the device you are able to walk away. The airtime part of the contract has not changed. I would suggest you give customer services a ring between 8 -8.30am tomorrow to sort this with them. We have no access to your account and can only advise on what we know to be facts regarding Refresh....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right I hope this helps

if you pay off the device plan, you then have the option of just carrying on with your airtime plan on its own or choose a new handset.

If you upgrade then the handset you choose will then have new tariffs, you then upgrade to the chosen tariff on your new selected phone & you will have a new device plan &'a new airtime plan.

my guide in the links that @Cleoriff has kindly provided you with will explain everything 

Message 7 of 8

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

According to the rules of o2 refresh if you pay off your phone plan you can upgrade your phone and keep your airtime plan as they are supposed to be separate. 

No, they are not the rules and never have been.

You get to upgrade early and as such take on a new 24 month agreement.

Message 8 of 8