Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 refresh direct debit problems

unhappy_refresh
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i am a loyal o2 customer and have had an pay monthly account for many years. At the end of each contract, i choose a new phone online and carry on until the contract ends again. I don't need to give o2 any bank details because they already have them on their system. Two years ago i change to the refresh scheme and again, chose a phone, tariff and ordered the phone and have not been asked for bank details....as they already have them on their system. To my horror after the first month the account was blocked because of a none payment. This was due to o2 not setting up the phone plan DD. I paid the debt and was assured the DD would be setup.

The next month the samething happened again, account blocked for none payment. Again i complained and paid the debt and this time the DD was setup correctly.

I have now changed to a new phone under refresh and guess what.....yep no DD setup for the new hand set.......what are O2 playing at.....they have all my bank details on record, they know i have changed hand set but they can't change a DD. I ,as a customer, cannot setup a DD via the bank as i have no authorisation.....IT'S O2's RESPONABILITY......as a result of these none payments my credit rating is low......thanks O2

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@unhappy_refresh wrote:

i am a loyal o2 customer and have had an pay monthly account for many years. At the end of each contract, i choose a new phone online and carry on until the contract ends again. I don't need to give o2 any bank details because they already have them on their system. Two years ago i change to the refresh scheme and again, chose a phone, tariff and ordered the phone and have not been asked for bank details....as they already have them on their system. To my horror after the first month the account was blocked because of a none payment. This was due to o2 not setting up the phone plan DD. I paid the debt and was assured the DD would be setup.

The next month the samething happened again, account blocked for none payment. Again i complained and paid the debt and this time the DD was setup correctly.

I have now changed to a new phone under refresh and guess what.....yep no DD setup for the new hand set.......what are O2 playing at.....they have all my bank details on record, they know i have changed hand set but they can't change a DD. I ,as a customer, cannot setup a DD via the bank as i have no authorisation.....IT'S O2's RESPONABILITY......as a result of these none payments my credit rating is low......thanks O2

You need to contact customer services on 202 & ask them what is going on

Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I am sorry but as a customer it is YOUR responsibility to ensure your payment is set up correctly. You can't presume O2 will do it ad infinitum. You may have changed banks...

Also if this had happened once before I would be double checking that it never happened again...I am sorry that you are experiencing issues...but you need to take some responsibility for this..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

unhappy_refresh
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i have but they don't seem to understand. they seem to think it's my responsibility  to setup a DD to pay for the phone time account.......will try again tomorrow.

Message 4 of 9

unhappy_refresh
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I disagree.......when we sign up to a pay monthly account, O2 setup the DD and take money from  the account.....this amount varies each month depending on our usage. When the contract ends, we choose a new phone and carry on, O2 still take money out the same bank account and don't ask for confirmation of bank details. But this appears not the case with refresh.....they know your tariff and the know the the phone plan payment so why is it so difficult for them to setup a second DD.........loosing the will to live.

Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Have a look here. It does say O2 will set up DD but if you dont have one you need to contact them

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/bills-and-payment/paying-your-bill-and-direct-debit-information

Pay bill.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Have a look here. It does say O2 will set up DD but if you dont have one you need to contact them

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/bills-and-payment/paying-your-bill-and-direct-debit-information

Pay bill.PNG

If you do a contract online, do you have to arrange the DD? Or am I wrong 

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Usually o2 will set up the DD automatically.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Usually o2 will set up the DD automatically.

Yes when you set up the contract...still your responsibilty to check though....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9