Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 recycle - shockingly poor prices offered

Class40
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just looked on o2 recycle for price offered for my previous phone, a mint almost unused huawei p9 plus. a pitiful £73. What are you playing at o2? This is disgusting for a 2 year old flagship phone. I could sell it on ebay and get double this. How much do you make on these buyback recycle phones and where do you sell them?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35918 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions

There are many, and possibly more reputable, ways to trade back a good phone for a decent return: CEX, for example, has a decent rep. 

Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

You could also take it to CEX or Mazuma Mobile if you want a decent price for it @Class40 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
A while back I had a Sony SP on refresh, When I upgraded, O2 offered me £4.00 (yes, four)!
I stuck it on ebay and it went for £110.00.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35918 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
A while back I had a Sony SP on refresh, When I upgraded, O2 offered me £4.00 (yes, four)!
I stuck it on ebay and it went for £110.00.

It is a rip-off, when you think about it, @MI5 @.

Ryanair doesn't get a look-in, angels by comparison!flushed

Message 5 of 10

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10767 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

@Class40 wrote:

I just looked on o2 recycle for price offered for my previous phone, a mint almost unused huawei p9 plus. a pitiful £73. What are you playing at o2? This is disgusting for a 2 year old flagship phone. I could sell it on ebay and get double this. How much do you make on these buyback recycle phones and where do you sell them?

Hello there ~ well have a laugh at this ~ I know my phone is by no means "flagship"  

I was offered £3.00 Crazy LOL

And from what I read then selling to them or o2's associate is a nightmare anyway

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 6 of 10

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:

@Class40 wrote:

Hello there ~ well have a laugh at this ~ I know my phone is by no means "flagship"  

And from what I read then selling to them or o2's associate is a nightmare anyway

@TallTrees wrote:

@Class40 wrote:

Of course with the dead pixel and screen burn, the offer will be reduced to 25p....

Message 7 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Class40  You only have to look at the replies to your post here, or do a forum search to see how appalling O2 Recycle is. Sadly, your post about O2's recycling policy isn't the first, and certainly won't be the last.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10160 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3009 Solutions

For the Huawei P9 Plus,just by doing a quick check 

Mazuma - £65

Envirofone - £75

O2 - £73
CEX - £79

So you would do a lot worse with Mazuma than o2 recycle,  remember its a 2year old huawei phone which dont hold their value.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 9 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:

For the Huawei P9 Plus,just by doing a quick check 

Mazuma - £65

Envirofone - £75

O2 - £73
CEX - £79

So you would do a lot worse with Mazuma than o2 recycle,  remember its a 2year old huawei phone which dont hold their value.

It probably wouldn't work out like that at all though @madasaf1sh 

The price O2 offer, is completely different to the one they are prepared to pay once they have received the phone.

The other two companies (Mazuma and CEX) tend to stick to their original quote. O2 Recycle rarely do.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 10