cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 reception.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is o2 reception worse than competitors? I recently switched from orange and have found the phone to be virtually useless in norfolk and cambridgeshire other than in a city and a recent trip to the highlands and inner hebrides orange gave me virtually full coverage if sometimes just text and voice even 3 miles out to sea, whereas o2 was unusable. Also relyin in wifi is ok but not when you cant get texts from your kids because tugo isnt on windows phones. Im in a two year contract now with a service that is pretty poor so far.
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

It is your responsibility to check that your choice of network gives good coverage for signal and 3G where you live , commute and work at the end of the day.

02 do state in their t&c that the service isn't fault free.

Check here to see if your having mast issues.

http://status.o2.co.uk/

Try removing the sim and cleaning it to remove static build up.

Phone 02 on 202 to ensure your account is ok.

Why move from a network that gives you good signal in the first place may I ask ?
Message 2 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. Thanks for the reply, it was a much better deal at contract end with o2. I was also told tugo was available on windows phone by a guru. Its not. I can only check their own coverage map, it is wildly inaccurate. Tugo would have helped at home as reception is known to be patchy, but as above I was misinformed. O2 have this on record on a chat. Receiving texts 3 days late is not funny when it involves my kids. With respect though you didnt comment whether you thought o2 service areas were on par with others. Certainly they are not in norfolk or cambridgeshire except in city centres, nor north of edinburgh right through the highlands and inner hebrides whereas orange worked very well, not all the time but pretty much so.
Message 3 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been caught out before with network coverage so I now always get payg SIM cards for the networks I'm interested in and test them out for a week or so.

In the end no matter how good a deal sounds with no coverage it's useless.

I'm assuming you spoke to a live chat operator ?
They are ok for low level general enquiries and as such the forum is littered with customers unhappy at unsound advice given by them !

If you have documented proof then maybe filling out this complaint form will be the first step to resolution.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref%28user%29:str%28Rel...

Hope all goes well.
Message 4 of 33

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Not all networks can guarantee full coverage and obviously networks have different coverage in different areas. O2 is very good in my area but should I stray into various parts of the UK then signal can be non existent. I would always advise getting a P&G sim for all networks and going with the best coverage at home, work and your normal locale. All networks will provide these sims free though you would need an unlocked phone to test them.

Having said that, it's a little late as you are tied in to the contract now but try BOB's advice re the sim card. If you tell us what phone you have we can maybe help a little more.

Message 5 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I have a nokia 925. Yes I agree re the payg, but I didnt expect o2 to be so bad, im not expecting 100 or even 90% service, but I drove from norwich to stansted and o2 worked only around norwich, cambridge and the airport. Orange was ok all the way. Luckily in Scotland I had the orange with me, a lumia 800. In fort william I had h+, I also had no signal. No prizes for guessing which network was which!
Message 6 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you investigated other software such as viber etc.

http://www.viber.com/

Just an idea.
Message 7 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Band of brothers....it was on chat with a guru. He also said tugo was available on windows8, it isnt though actually it works on an 8 laptop but the website says 7 only.
Message 8 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
But viber wouldnt work outside a signal area, though yes it may be useful at home. Thanks.
Message 9 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's not your fault if that what you were told.

Live Chat are an outsourced non uk call centre who typically read from a script.

Use that information you have if you decide to make an official complaint.

I'm not sure where this would get you as the TuGo service is just an additional service supplied by 02, but you did make the decision to sign up on the strength of that information.
Message 10 of 33