cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 money - sign up problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm a o2 pay monthly and home broadband customer, during the sign up process of a o2 money cash manager card o2's website didn't seem to like my home address, which strangely it already knows being an existing o2 customer. My address wasn't available from a list of option boxes, but I was able to fudge it slightly and carry through with the sign up process.

However i was only granted a "non verified" withdrawl limit on the card, which i assume is because o2 doesnt like my address, although they can happily use it for my pay monthly/home broadband. I've spoken with o2 money customer services but they've told me that im out of luck and if i cancel the card i won't be able to re-apply...

Anyone got any ideas or am i just out of luck as they say?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes if they can't verify you then they will give you a load and go card which has a lower allowance for you to load on.

In our training we were told that you could upgrade your card to the cash manager as long as you could provide ID etc. However it is a different dept to O2 customer services so I really do have limited information on it and you would need to call the O2 money help desk at Natwest for further instruction and you can do this free from your O2 handset on 10202.
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry I obviously didn't read your post where you said you called O2 money, sorry I'm out of ideas, I was told you could up your allowance.
Message 3 of 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
I think your address would have to match the one on your main account exactly.

Perhaps if you explained you made an error in the address, they may be able to right this for you.

Hope this helps.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the replies.

Can't up your allowance i was told at the present time.

The address form was getting pre-filled on the sign up page from my main account in a way which was causing the address validation to throw wobbly once submitted, which is why I had to try a hundred address variations to get it accepted (alas obviously causing my address to become non verified). Sloppy coding from the looks of it.

Ohwell I'll try the phone again and write a letter, but im not going to hold my breath, shame as it looks a good product.
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
If it's any help the O2 'auto address find' mucked up my address too.

I simply went through with the original address details, telephoned O2 Money the next day and explained the problem, which involved a close with the same name as a street in the village I live in.

They advised that they could not stop the 'original card' going out, but would block it and issue a new card to the correct address.

Problem solved.

Hope this helps

slight_smile
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

They advised that they could not stop the 'original card' going out, but would block it and issue a new card to the correct address.

Glad to hear they were able to sort your problem out. I'm assuming you got the full verified amount limits even though the card was going to a different address?
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to hear they were able to sort your problem out. I'm assuming you got the full verified amount limits even though the card was going to a different address?

Yes mate,

The full verified amount.

slight_smile
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Had a informative chat with a nice customer service rep.

They are aware of the website issue that people in flats are having problems with the site accepting their addresses. But once you've submitted whatever ill-formated address you've been able to get through the sign up process then thats it, there's nothing they can do as you can only sign up once with one mobile number every 12 months.

They may be offering an upgrade service in the future. Ohwell.
Message 9 of 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Thanks for sharing that, it's not helpful if the web site is causing this.

I hope they can offer a fix soon.

Good luck.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 15