cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 money - sign up problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm a o2 pay monthly and home broadband customer, during the sign up process of a o2 money cash manager card o2's website didn't seem to like my home address, which strangely it already knows being an existing o2 customer. My address wasn't available from a list of option boxes, but I was able to fudge it slightly and carry through with the sign up process.

However i was only granted a "non verified" withdrawl limit on the card, which i assume is because o2 doesnt like my address, although they can happily use it for my pay monthly/home broadband. I've spoken with o2 money customer services but they've told me that im out of luck and if i cancel the card i won't be able to re-apply...

Anyone got any ideas or am i just out of luck as they say?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Had a informative chat with a nice customer service rep.
They are aware of the website issue that people in flats are having problems with the site accepting their addresses. But once you've submitted whatever ill-formated address you've been able to get through the sign up process then thats it, there's nothing they can do as you can only sign up once with one mobile number every 12 months.
They may be offering an upgrade service in the future. Ohwell.

When I had my problem with the address, (see my previous post on this thread), before I went through with the incorrect address and informed cust serv the next day, I logged out and logged in again only to be told that only one card to one number would be accepted, so I aborted and gave up.

However the next day I tried again, and low and behold it went through,(abeit with an incorrect address, sorted out with cust serv the next day), but it accepted my mobile number!

It seems that as this is new product both the sign up service and customer service staff are going through a teething period.

Hopefully, time will improve both.

slight_smile
Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems that as this is new product both the sign up service and customer service staff are going through a teething period.
Hopefully, time will improve both.
slight_smile

Yeah shame some people are missing out in the mean time as you only get one shot at it.

Can't really complain though as it is free. I'll test the card with the smaller limit out (thats if it ever makes it through the post), if it changes my spending habits then I'll consider alternatives.
Message 12 of 15

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions
I've also had problems when signing up only getting the lower limit card with a £720 spending limit per year 😞

Spoke to a chap who first of all said it was because my date of birth wasn't supplied and then said I wasn't on the electoral register. Wrong on both counts !

I also suggested cancelling the card and reapplying but he said I couldn't reapply for a year !

Ach well, at least the broadband works fine for me slight_smile
#siwy
Message 13 of 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
It all seems to be part of the instability and design of the O2 web-site.

I have never known one to be so fraught with problems. 😐
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah o2 are really let down by their IT department. Their mobile customer service is far better than anything i've experienced with the other operators...it just a shame the problems seem to be caused in the first place by their shoddy IT.

Can't say i think much of the broadband customer service mind, but luckily you can easily go over their heads to a more "human" department.
Message 15 of 15