cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 have INCORRECTLY messed up my credit score, causing me financial harm - can't get mortgage i need

jcass1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, 
I am desperately trying to get o2 to get back in touch with me but all i am getting is a horrendous experience.

I am in a very good financial position and trying to buy a house. Yet on my credit score it INCORRECTLY shows that i have defaulted on a phone bill for the last 4 years every month.

I used to have an o2 account, but then i moved to the isle of man, and apparently owed £70 to o2, which i heard nothing about until a debt collection agency called Lowell got in touch withe me. I paid the debt and moved on. I have obtained a company headed letter and email from the debt collection company to say the debt is long cleared, so therefore have proof of this mistake. 

Yet, there is still a default showing from o2 on my credit file and no real sight of how to get it removed from my credit file. 
It is causing me financial harm in the sense of not being able to get a mortgage and is absolutely devastating. 
I have been emailing the creditfilereferrals team, but yet to receive a response and it's getting urgent. I am considering contacting OFCOM or the financial ombudsman, as it is appalling to think this mistake could cost me at such a signiciant level. 

Any advice or assistance anyone can give me on this?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23077 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@jcass1  Scroll through this link to see if there's anything there that can help: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/O2-Credit-Files-amp-quot-Credit-Scores-quot-What-does-it...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144355 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@jcass1 

I'll tag our community team in for you @Marjo @Martin-O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @MI5

@jcass1 I'll see what I can do to speed up the process. I'll need some details around this so I'll send you a private message so we can discuss further. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 11

LMATT
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I am in a ver very similar situation, which I need sorting ASAP.

I was wrongly charged an exit fee for terminating a 'pay monthly' contract with o2 within the 14 day cooling off period. I contacted o2 at the time this was flagged up to me (August 2019) and the lady in costumer services that I spoke to reassured me that the error was on o2's behalf and that my outstanding balance would be zeroed and there was nothing further I needed to do. 

The following month I received a letter from a dept company (Moorcroft Debt) telling me that I needed to settle my outstanding debt with o2. I contacted the debt company to challenge the cost again, they stated that they would sort appeal on my behalf. I did not hear anything back from them. 

I have recently applied to get a mortgage to purchase a house for which I have had an offer accepted. I now discover that I'm am not able to get a mortgage owing to a bad credit score caused by the above administrative error by o2. 

I have again been in contact with the customer service team at o2, who again confirmed that I was not liable for the debt and my balance has been cancelled to zero (which I have in writing). As instructed by custmer services I have emailed creditfilerefferals@o2.com, got no response, I have emailed again and still no response. 

As with the situation in the above thread, it really is a matter of urgency as I risk loosing the house. It really is a frustrating situation to be in when the error lies with o2 and I have been a loyal o2 costmer for a long time. 

ANY help with this would be much appreicatied! 

Thank you, 

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 144355 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Martin-O2 more help needed please.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 11

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks @MI5! @LMATT I'll drop you a message to get some details now. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 11

Sarah16
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am having the exact same problem and it is extremely urgent I sort this out. I can’t get a phone number for the credit referrals team. Can you help?
Message 8 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Sarah16 

No phone number sadly. All contact info here

CreditFileReferrals@o2.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 11

qudsia
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

02 have messed up my credit score so badly for which i have been declined a mortgage. I was billed more than what my contracted stated, i spoke to O2 several times in store, on the phone and email, eventually the case went to OMBUDSMAN and it was rectifed, O2 agreed that i did not owe antyhing and in fact i had been overcharged and that they owed me. O2 returned my money but now have somehow put me down as missed payments which has made my credit score attorcious. It states that i owe them £80 but i do not owe them anything as this was cleared when ombudsman got involved. I am extremely dissatisfied with 02, is there anyone that can assit urgently? how can i get my credit score up ASAP?

02 refunded me so how could they then claim miss payments when i was agreed that they owed me 

i would really appreciate if anyone could assit me.... 

Message 10 of 11