cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 have INCORRECTLY messed up my credit score, causing me financial harm - can't get mortgage i need

jcass1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, 
I am desperately trying to get o2 to get back in touch with me but all i am getting is a horrendous experience.

I am in a very good financial position and trying to buy a house. Yet on my credit score it INCORRECTLY shows that i have defaulted on a phone bill for the last 4 years every month.

I used to have an o2 account, but then i moved to the isle of man, and apparently owed £70 to o2, which i heard nothing about until a debt collection agency called Lowell got in touch withe me. I paid the debt and moved on. I have obtained a company headed letter and email from the debt collection company to say the debt is long cleared, so therefore have proof of this mistake. 

Yet, there is still a default showing from o2 on my credit file and no real sight of how to get it removed from my credit file. 
It is causing me financial harm in the sense of not being able to get a mortgage and is absolutely devastating. 
I have been emailing the creditfilereferrals team, but yet to receive a response and it's getting urgent. I am considering contacting OFCOM or the financial ombudsman, as it is appalling to think this mistake could cost me at such a signiciant level. 

Any advice or assistance anyone can give me on this?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@qudsia 

You need to contact this dept:

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 11