cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 call service issue affecting many customers nationwide

Anonymous
Not applicable
My husband has not been able to make or receive calls since 10am this morning on his O2 service. I can. He has made many phone calls to O2 today who admit they have a serious issue affecting a number of accounts. No solution or timeline available. Why can't O2 make a public announcement so that people are aware that their calls may not be getting through due to a technical issue rather than the person being called seemingly having disappeared or gone out of business.... My husband spends hundreds of pounds a month on his business service. Shame on you O2
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No, we fully understand and appreciate what you are saying, but unfortunately that's how the mobile networks work. Different numbers go through different switches and you can quite feasibly have two phones side by side showing different levels of service.
The fact that the site is showing a mast down will alert anyone looking to potential issues.
Hope it's resolved soon for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There is a status page that you can refer to: http://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, all relevant information is there.

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
While I'm quite happy to have a moan about service (or lack of it) I really don't see that this is O2's fault. Everyone knows how bad the weather has been and there's a lot of other things affected as well. The information is readily available and I have to say I've found it easier to find status information on O2 than on other mobile companies.
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
While I'm quite happy to have a moan about service (or lack of it) I really don't see that this is O2's fault. Everyone knows how bad the weather has been and there's a lot of other things affected as well. The information is readily available and I have to say I've found it easier to find status information on O2 than on other mobile companies.

The voice of reason! slight_smile

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
No, you all misunderstand. We both have mobiles, O2 service. Both in the same property, one has service, the other doesn't and it isnt an android issue. O2 admit on the phone they have a problem nationally and it is not specifically down to mast outage or weather, they haven't admitted it publicly. When you type in our postcode there is one transmitter down but the site says there is no interference with mobile phone service.
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
One transmitter down but full mobile phone coverage. I have 100% usage, husband has 0% usage and we are in the same property
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No, we fully understand and appreciate what you are saying, but unfortunately that's how the mobile networks work. Different numbers go through different switches and you can quite feasibly have two phones side by side showing different levels of service.
The fact that the site is showing a mast down will alert anyone looking to potential issues.
Hope it's resolved soon for you.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
The O2 stores have admitted outage for many business customers today nationwide, no time solution. Explains why my personal account is OK.
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand that what u mean sometime mast go down time to time, as you give a  link it show that they having a issue due weather you told us that one mobile phone working well it sound like mast issue it not o2 fault

Message 10 of 11