Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Travel

bexinthecity
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 153 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

I am a pay monthly customer on o2 (obviously) and I have the bolt on O2 Travel - I'm a bit confused about what it does.

I am going to Switzerland in September and want to be able to use my phone to call home and use internet - does the O2 travel on Pay Monthly allow me to use all my data/minutes for the £1.99 or is it a set amount?

I see for PAYG the data is limited to 100mb but I'm going to be needing it for maps etc and so I'm not sure this is enough..

Thanks.

Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Basically @bexinthecity if you opt IN to O2 travel ...these are the T&C's (as from 7th April)

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-in-europe/

If you choose to opt OUT (like me as I have easy access to wifi and only make a few calls and texts) then you will pay the standard rates (as yet to be published by O2)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23068 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@bexinthecity There are changes coming. Please take a look at this thread. It's lengthy, but worth reading. I've put the last page first.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/O2-Travel-Changes-7-4/td-p/953179/page/35

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Basically @bexinthecity if you opt IN to O2 travel ...these are the T&C's (as from 7th April)

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-in-europe/

If you choose to opt OUT (like me as I have easy access to wifi and only make a few calls and texts) then you will pay the standard rates (as yet to be published by O2)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 21

bexinthecity
  • 153 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
Thanks for the link - The new system will work well for me when I am away and need to use the internet but not so sure about when I just want to send a few texts 😕
Message 4 of 21

bexinthecity
  • 153 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
Oh lord the whole thing is pretty convoluted - don't know why O2 can't make things simpler.
Message 5 of 21

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If you are using data you need to opt in or else it will get very expensive, very quickly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Basically if you have use of WiFi then you may be better to opt out. You can keep in touch with people over Messenger /FB Whatsapp etc as well as using the internet. This way if you are a low user (the occasional text and short calls..) then you will only pay standard rates

Basically if you are a heavy user..Opt in .....Light user with WiFi access...Opt out..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 21

Bambino
  • 23068 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@bexinthecity If you want to 'un' convolute things, make sure your phone is unlocked and get a Three Pay & Go sim. No roaming charges in many European countries.

Edit: Just looked, and Switzerland is one of the included countries. Take a look at their Feel At Home page.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 21

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
The Three option will cost you at least £20 so if you are only going for a week O2 travel will be cheaper.
It all depends on your usage really.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 21

Bambino
  • 23068 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

You don't really need data for maps any more. Google maps lets you download an area when you're online and you can then use it offline just using your GPS.

https://www.androidpit.com/use-your-google-maps-offline

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 21