Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Travel notification

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is it possible o2 could actually notify you when you activate o2 travel abroad?

For example i was in Albania recently and although i have the Bolt On, ive never used it or knew how it worked. I assumed you had to activate it manually, i didnt know sending an SMS automatically activates o2 Travel for that day. So a 50p text cost me £4.99!

But that isnt my main concern, i think it would be handy if o2 told you when you activated it, because it isnt always obvious. When in Albania i got the welcome text from o2 to say i was in Albania, but because i was near the border with Kosovo i would sometimes connect to their network too, and they arent on o2 Travel. I know you can manually connect to a network, but that assumes you know which is which. A simple SMS or push notification to say "hey, you have activated o2 travel for the day" wouldnt be hard would it?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 11 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

No charge to receive sms anywhere in the world now.

#justtoletyouknow 

Yes, although that wasn't the issue or debate. It related to whether there was need for O2 to text you every time you activated O2 Travel during your stay abroad.  (which could be 14 times if you were away for 2 weeks.) I felt it was totally unnecessary, if you did your homework before you travelled. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 15

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

And quite right. No one should travel without knowing how roaming works and the international rates although accidental roaming near a border is easily done.

Message 13 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Nowadays, wherever you are, in a bar, restaurant, hotel, apartment etc etc, the first question I always ask is "what's the password for Wifi please?" rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 15

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

And as long as you are spending money they will happily give it to you.

Mind you, I had passwords for all the bars where I live and as they are all adjacent to each other my phone automatically connected to the strongest signal.

Although I will have to ask for all of them again as I now have different phones to what I had then @Cleoriff  wink

Message 15 of 15