Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Live chat giving out other peoples personal information

Matt91
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Today I had a live chat with o2, which turned out to be pointless and they didn't help at all. But also after confirming my details with the person and doing the security check and chatted about my problem somewhat confusing the person, for a while I was quite shocked when the person told me about the supposed details of my own account and then continued to tell me personal information that wasn't mine and in fact someone else who I don't know. Even though I had put my number in at the start of the chat. I called the number in the details I was given just to see if it was in fact a real number and yes it was a lady also on o2! Which goes to show just how bad live chat can be and o2 really need to look into this as this is surely a massive security problem.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

They shouldn’t be having multiple chats at the same time so they are totally in the wrong period 

they live or die by their stats ie. chats/hour

Sometimes it's the only way they can reach their target, particularly if there is a lengthy issue. Not right but....understandable.

Message 11 of 12

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

It's not an easy thing to do especially when on social media websites. I realise they have multiple conversations going but user error is only a partial excuse.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 12 of 12