Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Insurance SCAMMERS

Dave_68
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So, last September, I upgrade my personal and business phones (Lg G6 and Samsung S8). great phones - great customer service in-store. Take out insurance - no problems as been stung before. 

Comes to claiming for Screen damage on the G6 and I get the claim accepted as accidental damage. No G6 in stock. No alternatives at point of raising the call. 

Call back a day later to be offered lesser value, lesser specification or just plain unacceptable phones - If I had wanted a Sony Xperia XZ I would have bought one initially! How they can claim an XZ is equivalent to a G6 is beyond me. I suspect it is because they know no-one really wants these and it dispense with their obligations. 

I am fed up with being treated like cattle by O2 and their insurance MINIONS (Chubb) and plan to raise this with the FCA as they take your insurance money each month but it is not until you claim you discover how BAD the service is. Open ending wait queue for a G6 and no acceptable alternatives. Highest point of escalation is unhelpful and downright bordering on Rude they way they talk over you. 

Lets wait for a final resolution letter and see what the FCA and the Financial Ombudsman has to say along with my solicitor. 

DONT BELEIVE THE INSURANCE HYPE of getting sorted quickly ITS ALL LIES!!!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@EmilieT can you help @Dave_68 ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

If this can't be sorted via community admin @Dave_68 then take the official route of making a complaint.

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

Dave_68
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My point of raising the issue was to make public the issue of insurance and how bad it is, so that others may read the forums and avoid being stung the way I seem to have been

I am already speaking with the FCA and my solicitor on breach of contract 

Message 4 of 11

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Dave_68, sorry to hear you've had such a bad experience with this. It sounds like you've already made a Complaint, so it's best to wait for the response on it first. Once a Complaint is made the case sits with them and I wouldn't be able to find out more unfortunately. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Dave_68 wrote:

My point of raising the issue was to make public the issue of insurance and how bad it is, so that others may read the forums and avoid being stung the way I seem to have been

I am already speaking with the FCA and my solicitor on breach of contract 

That's fine @Dave_68. A number of complaints have been made about O2 insurance, so we were just responding with the way forward should others read your post. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 11

Dave_68
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks - It went to the "highest point of escalation" within the insurance and I was treated like cattle. Poor relationship with insurance causing O2 (a company my wife worked for, for 16 years!) to be painted with the same brush. 

If O2 step in, and look after their customer, they should replace CHUBB as their insurance representatives IMHO as they are souring good relationships with their poor customer service and attitude

Regards

Dave

Message 7 of 11

Dave_68
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

and thanks to the retentions team who dropped the ball completely - I am now looking at failure to honour contract with my solicitor

I _could_ name names here but that would be as unproffesional as O2 seem to have been throughout the dealings on this matter. 

Message 8 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
Im confused, as o2 insurance has never been through Chubb, its managed by BrightStar, since at least late 2016..

Think you may also be stuck with this line in the policy T&C's that you signed up to:

(b) Replace Your Equipment with a product of the same or a similar specification, as determined by
Us. Replacement Equipment might be a different colour or model from a different manufacturer.
It may be new, re-furbished, re-manufactured or re-packaged by a repair centre approved by Us.

From what i can remember a similar device to the G6 is a Samsung A8, or the S8 or to be honest the S7 and the S7 Edge.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have to agree. It’s a like for like refurb or a phone to similar specifications. It’s in the t&c you agreed to
Message 10 of 11