Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Insurance SCAMMERS

Dave_68
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So, last September, I upgrade my personal and business phones (Lg G6 and Samsung S8). great phones - great customer service in-store. Take out insurance - no problems as been stung before. 

Comes to claiming for Screen damage on the G6 and I get the claim accepted as accidental damage. No G6 in stock. No alternatives at point of raising the call. 

Call back a day later to be offered lesser value, lesser specification or just plain unacceptable phones - If I had wanted a Sony Xperia XZ I would have bought one initially! How they can claim an XZ is equivalent to a G6 is beyond me. I suspect it is because they know no-one really wants these and it dispense with their obligations. 

I am fed up with being treated like cattle by O2 and their insurance MINIONS (Chubb) and plan to raise this with the FCA as they take your insurance money each month but it is not until you claim you discover how BAD the service is. Open ending wait queue for a G6 and no acceptable alternatives. Highest point of escalation is unhelpful and downright bordering on Rude they way they talk over you. 

Lets wait for a final resolution letter and see what the FCA and the Financial Ombudsman has to say along with my solicitor. 

DONT BELEIVE THE INSURANCE HYPE of getting sorted quickly ITS ALL LIES!!!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I agree, O2 Insure doesn't do what it says on the tin. But hardly scammers,  just very unsatisfactory.  Please do keep us updated though as we like to be able to advise just what avenues are open to dissatisfied customers. 

Message 11 of 11