Anonymous
Not applicable
18 REPLIES 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

It's very possible that in 12 months, O2 in its current iteration will no longer exist, or at least be on the way to not be in existence if the talk of takeover becomes a reality.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 19

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Ooh... Decisions. Better the devil I know, or give my sim a new home!? Hmm. 😉 x
giphy-3
Message 12 of 19

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I'm afraid to commit to another network until I know for sure that, it is going to be a good move. O2 is getting better again though with my 3G and 4G signals becoming ever more present. The customer support has been fair although the third party support is run by morons (personal opinion, not an actual fact or anything).

O2 has been good to me mostly.....

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 13 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@anticpated wrote:

. The customer support has been fair although the third party support is run by morons (personal opinion, not an actual fact or anything).

O2 has been good to me mostly.....

A very valid opinion which many npeople agree with....

I have no problems with customer service. My big problem was always coverage issues and masts going down once a month regularly. 4G has finally reached my area and overall coverage is better but despite what the coverage map shows, there are still quite a few blackspots where there is no coverage at all. One of the reasons I carry my spare phone with the EE sim with which, up to now, I have found no blackspots.

Message 14 of 19

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I've been with Vodafone from the first phone I ever had....always on contract.

Always had just a basic phone only for calls and texts.

Apart from a few local mast problems I've never had cause to criticise them for any parts of their service.

And no doubt I am in the majority just as those with O2 who are happy with their service.

But it's the minorities that always shout the loudest.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 15 of 19

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
I'm clearly in the minority here as I find O2 customer service, and not just this week's shenanigans, pretty awful. Rude and condescending. network connection etc., have been pretty good tho . I also had broadband with them until and including the Sky takeover. Apart from an occasional outage, can't complain
giphy-3
Message 16 of 19

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Here are some of my (very subjective, of course) findings regarding network performance on the East Coast train route from London to Glasgow. I'm mostly taking into the account that part of the jouney when your train is 'in the field', i.e. between the stations, as roundabout all the key cities and towns all networks seem to produce more or less equal (acceptable) experience.

O2 - Plenty of 'no spots' along the route, so having a long voice conversation is hardly possible. Data network is mostly EDGE, but having a 'full bars' EDGE signal does not necessarily mean you'd be able to use data, even on slow speeds.

Vodafone (Mobile by Sainsbury's sim) - hardly any 'no spots', so ok voice wise. Couldn't tell much about their data service as I've got this sim inserted into a very basic feature phone.

Three (in terms of a data usage only) - there certainly are some 'no spots' along the route, but getting the impression that it's way more useful for your data needs than O2.

EE - couldn't tell slight_smile

Message 17 of 19

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
I think it's just where you live in the country.

I've do the train from Sheffield to Manchester so a lot off the rail network is under the hills in tunnels.

But this is what I've found when out of them and in rural villages etc.
O2 coverage is very good, either have 4G for most of the way or just skip to 2G when in the most rural part of the hills.

Vodafone coverage, couldn't pick a signal when in the villages when passing through, but did eventually pick one up from the last tunnel.

Three, good 3G performance, but in and about the villages, I got nothing for a while, where on O2 I did get 3G at first and then 2G before nothing again in the tunnels.

I'm not saying O2 isn't perfect, but I've had superb customer care, always helpful and polite. Odd occasion they haven't been to what I would have said O2 standard, but I just thank them and dial again. But I've spoke to ee customer care and Vodafone customer care and we will leave it at that lol.
Three customer care for me are very good, again I've found them polite and when you start to get talking to them, found them to stop reading from a script and it's been extremely pleasant.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 18 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I travel a lot for work, all over England and South Wales. On the whole voice has been reasonable to good in terms of quality and coverage.
Data is basically extremely hit and miss, at home nothing (but no network works the geography of the area is tricky and we are in a dip, I've stuck with O2 as they supplied a Boost Box after a bit of not so gentle persuasion) around the country it is extremely variable, to the point where I wonder why they have the nerve to charge for it.
Customer care...not had much to do with them to be honest of the times I have they are like most companies...work from a script for the mundane queries and flounder when it comes to the more complex issues...like Denim upgrades...
Message 19 of 19