Message 2 of 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone surprised? ??

http://m.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2394559/o2-and-vodafone-named-uks-most-unreliable-networks

Never been on vodaphone so can't comment on that. Also it would be expected I may jump on the bandwagon but on a personal level I have never had a problem with O2 wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Interesting link Nick.

I've not used Vodaphone's services for a long time and I didn't need to use their Customer Services. Signal was adequate.

Apart from one not so good telephone call to O2 Customer Services and the limited times I've spoken to Online Live Chat I've had no issues with them or signal. I consider myself fortunate to be residing in a strong Network signal area.
Message 4 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

To add....it is interesting to note that it was less than 6 months ago when O2 was voted top network.

As with most research....it does depend on who is doing it.

I know from my personal research projects that results can be manipulated to give any result you want...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 19

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
This isn't a vote for CS though. It is for network reliability, so that will take into account the extent of a decent signal (we know O2's 3G is pants) and the amount of downtime from masts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 19

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Complaints about coverage have quadrupled on here over the last 12 months or so.

Message 7 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
This isn't a vote for CS though. It is for network reliability, so that will take into account the extent of a decent signal (we know O2's 3G is pants) and the amount of downtime from masts.

I know what it's about Rich...The thing is .. someone like me, isn't reliant on a network for half the things you and many others who travel and work away from home etc etc etc...I can only speak on how I find it personally.

No doubt if I was racing around the country...or travelling anywhere much it would be different. wink

I understand many people on here complain about network downtime...masts and coverage. I can only sympathise....but I am not one of them..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 19

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
I would agree and say O2-3G is rubbish. I can't however say the same for the O2-4G network, which has become more wide spread and a great rate which for me is what O2 needs and desperately.

Never had an issue with O2-2G but there data on this either doesn't work or is that slow it causes the web pages to crash.

I've reported loads regarding their coverage maps, proving its incorrect and I've also proved to O2 that there data speeds don't work when in certain areas. I just get back, the network is working fine. So I've given up. I see no point as they won't listen nor investigate.

I can't fault however O2 customer care, the team on the front line are great and to be frank, must take a lot of grieve and I know they get frustrated by the back end and other teams that work behind them and don't answer to customers.

I like O2 because of customer care and I've noticed 4G becoming widespread much faster and I like my £1 Monday lunches lol.

I just hope in 12 months time when more tests are ran by the testers, it shows a different picture 😃
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 9 of 19

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

"O2 has also hit back, telling The INQUIRER: "This report is just one of many testing houses operating in the marketplace and represents a fraction of our 24 million customers.

"Spirent Communications; report from November last year reflected O2’s strong position in the market, ranking O2 in 1st place for various measurements including file upload and download speeds as well as web browsing.

"Moreover, last year uSwitch recognised O2 as having the UK’s best network coverage and with our daily investment of around £2 million on our network, we'll continue to roll out 4G as well as completely modernise our 2G and 3G networks, delivering faster speeds and greater coverage, enabling our customers to become more digital."

No, you're absolutely correct O2...nothing is wrong, everything is perfect.

yeah

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 10 of 19